Doctors Worldwide Turkey is looking for an HR Officer for the WHO supported Project for Refugee Health Centres.
Doctors Worldwide Turkey is an international humanitarian aid organization who serves medical relief to communities in need through the provision of sustainable medical relief and health-based development programs over 40 countries worldwide.
Doctors Worldwide Turkey will support the WHO Refugee Health Program to improve access to health services for Syrian refugees by implementing operations and outreach activities in Istanbul, Gaziantep, and Şanlıurfa.
HR Officer oversees and follows up rules and regulations concerning human resource processes in the project.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and monitor Human Resources Management services following the DWWT’s HR rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and practices and in light of project activities;
- Management of personnel files, monitoring and tracking of all records related HR with all required signatures (recruitment, personnel documents, leave forms, contracts, job descriptions, approval emails, adjustments, etc.);
- Provide verbal and written explanations to the Project Coordinator on staffing and other personnel issues, including leave entitlements/planning and overtime administration. Ensure regular updates to the project organogram/staffing table and contact lists, including those in fields;
- Propose to the management appropriate and effective administrative procedures reflecting the project’s needs. Apply DWWT’s Human Resources policies, rules, and regulations in the project;
- Coordinating and following Work Permit application processes for the foreign staff;
- Supervise the preparation of the monthly payroll for project staff and ensure its accuracy and timeliness;
- Prepares and places vacancy announcements and pre-screen candidates;
- Maintains and regularly updates the personnel filing system;
- Assisting in implementing and keeping internal regulations up to date;
- Ensure the compliance of Turkish Labor Law in HR processes;
- Assisting in developing and implementing employee performance evaluation strategy for the project;
- Keep record and coordinate of the communication lines;
- Support the admin team for coordination;
- Makes all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meeting);
- Reporting to DWWT and donor (prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual HR reports) and ensure capacity development;
- Provide expertise and guidance to all staff in the Office and field;
- Manages all leave requests and leave the filing system;
- Monitor timesheets accuracy by managing leave filing system efficiently;
- Ensure that all confidentiality and the right to privacy is maintained concerning confidential beneficiary and project information;
- Abide by DWWT codes of conduct;
- Perform any other duties as assigned;
- Teamwork: To develop and promote effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
- Delivering results: To produce and deliver quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; the candidate is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seek to learn, share knowledge and be innovative;
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for their action and delegated work;
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way;
All DWWT staff members must abide by and demonstrate three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respect and promote individual and cultural differences; encourage diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate the ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercise careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the field. Previous experience working with NGOs is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related fields;
- Strong time management skills;
- Experience of a flexible approach to prioritize a high workload and multiple
tasks with tight deadlines;
- Flexible and able to easily adapt to different environments;
- Fluency in Turkish and English required, Arabic is an asset;
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office (especially Excel);
- Have no obstacles to travel;
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.