Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Human Resources Manager
About the Job
The Human Resources Manager will lead and manage Human Resources functions. Provide overall advice, coordination and management to the Human Resources team. Ensure efficient support to the program in accordance with existing DRC policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and manage the Human Resources team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
• Provide technical support, advice and capacity build the Human Resources team
• Advise and assist managers in Human Resources related issues and concerns
Recruitment, development and people planning
• Drive and support recruitment and selection activities ensuring compliance with recruitment process
• Work with senior management team and senior staff on new staff retention strategies and initiatives
• Ensure proper onboarding process
• Ensure oversight and consistency in position titles and grades, across all field locations
• Support staff development activities including promoting DRC Learning Catalogue
• Assist managers to identify, recommend and approve Learning & Development initiatives for their employees through DRC’s Learning Catalogue.
Performance, well-being and compensations & benefits
• Proactively respond to and manage performance counselling, employee grievances and disciplinary issues as required, with a focus on building manager competency and ensuring that documentation is kept
• Lead the performance management process
• Act as an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labor regulations and requirements
• Lead people well-being initiatives
• Define and review salary structure in partnership with the Senior Management team and coordinate annual compensation review process and compensation adjustments
• Ensure that monthly payroll process is efficient and that salaries, social security and taxes are paid in line with Local Law.
Human Resources Policies and Support
• Maintain and update Staff Human Resources Handbooks as necessary taking into consideration compliance with the local labor law and DRC general policies.
• Proactively pursue continuous process improvement in Human Resources related practices in order to enhance the quality and efficiency of output/delivery.
• Work closely with RO/HQ to share information and provide support as required
• Coordinate with DRC Legal Advisor on all issues related to labor law, making sure that DRC Syria is compliant with the labor law requirements
• Ensure having accurate and up-to-date HR data/records on ERP
• Ensure oversight of relevant lists (e.g. leave, RR) in coordination with managers and field sites
• Monitor contract end dates and proactively liaise with managers regarding extension or end of contract
• Coordinate the exit process
To be successful in this role, you must have a Master degree or Four years University degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Law or Science.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
• Minimum 5 years working experience in Human Resources with at least 2 years in a senior Human Resources management role in large organizations or INGOs.
• Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management
• Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge/experience of Human Resources Management principles, concepts & processes
• Extensive knowledge on local labor law
• Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issues
• Experience in developing Human Resources strategies and policies, and driving implementation
• Experience using HR Information System or ERP
• Full professional proficiency in English and Turkish, Arabic will be a plus.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 12 Months
Employment Band: F - Manager
Designation of Duty Station: Hatay Country Office
Start date: 01.10.2019
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 28.08.2019
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.