General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
The primary purpose of the Recruitment - Human Resources Officer role is to support the organisation in all recruitment activities. The Recruitment - Human Resources Officer under the line management of HR Manager will implement recruitment policies and procedures to attract suitable, high quality, candidates while meeting the requirements of the organisation.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs, obtain requests to recruit (ERFs) and assists with the preparation of job descriptions
- Publishes the job advertisements on different channels that GOAL is using.
- Creates preliminary shortlists for interview by comparing applicants’ relevant details to the requirements of the job description
- Arranges interviews by coordinating schedules of candidates and interviewers
- Attends interviews and coordinates other applicant testing measures
- Ensures that GOAL’s HR policies are adhered to recruitment process.
- Sets up the induction for each new joiner and ensures that all related administrative items are organised and ready for when the new joiner starts
- Accomplishes human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Reports to the HR Manager / HR Coordinator on a daily and weekly basis regarding recruitment progress and activities
Other HR and Administrative Duties
- Supports the line managers in all HR issues and
- Maintains the HR Department’s filing system and ensure that all personnel files are up to date and complete in coordination with the HR Manager
- Provides reports to the HR Manager on a regular basis in agreed format.
- Develops training plan and strategy for the team training and facilitating.
- Advices staff on day to day interpretation and implementation of HR policies
- Ensures all HR policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Supports HR Manager with organising, recording, following up and liaising with lawyers, authorities and staff on permit issues (residence/work permits).
- Ensures all staff have up to date contracts, extensions, and change of statuses in adherence to personnel policies.
- Supports HR Manager in preparations of payroll every month with submitting new or current employees’ information.
- Supports HR Manager in Private Pension System (BES) implementation for the new and/or current employees.
- Manages the training requests, create & maintain training files, databases
- Assists in identifying suitable training providers and training platforms as required, and develop list of training resources
- Supports the HR Manager in advising to the department managers on performance management, ensuring that issues are dealt with in a fair and consistent manner,
- Maintains leave plan for all local staff and update monthly
- Keeps paper and soft copies of all approved leave requests.
- Networks with the HR Officers from other NGOs to keep informed of HR-related issues.
- Ensures HR Manager is informed about any HR issues which could impact on security or be detrimental to programme activities.
- Any other duties as requested by HR Manager and/or HR Coordinator.
- Turkish citizenship.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management and/or Business Administration or any other relevant major.
- At least 2 years of experience in Human Resources Recruiter, administration, or a similar role.
- Excellent levels of spoken and written English and Turkish. Both languages are essentially required.
- Creative approach in attracting the best candidates for GOAL;
- Ability to network and utilise contacts;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Ability to accurately interview and assess candidates for appropriate roles;
- Results orientated and target driven;
- Experience in working with INGO an advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with policies, protocols, and procedures of international NGO’s and donor agencies
- Arabic speaking and writing skills are highly desirable.
- Proven reporting skills
- Staff management experience and good inter-personnel skills
- Enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the programme
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Advanced skills on Microsoft productivity programmes (i.e. Excel) is desirable.
- Creative and open to learning.
- Excellent attention to details.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application deadline is 28 June 2019.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households. GOAL worked in Turkey in 2015-2016 to respond to the Health needs of Syrians in Turkey and will resume programming in Turkey in 2018 with a focus on Protection needs.