Vacancy Notice Number:
2 months internship contract -with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
23 July 2019
Number of People to be hired
Internal and External Candidates
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the IT Officer in Ankara, the incumbent will provide basic technical support and services to users in IOM Ankara office and its field offices.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Provide onsite end-user support to IOM Staffs.
2.Support in the maintenance of present and upcoming ITC equipment.
3.Assist in setting up conference devices in the meeting room as per request by IOM staffs.
4.Provide recording day-to-day Asset assignment, Transfer, Account creation/deletion activities.
5.Assist in monitoring virus, Trojan and other malicious software activities in servers and end users’ computers.
6.Provide in recording and updating overall Ankara ITC equipment.
7.Assist in recording and updating access cards of IOM Ankara as provided by Security unit.
8.Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Computer Science, Electronic & Telecommunication or related field from an accredited academic institution.
- Experience in provision of direct user support and computer and communication equipment troubleshooting;
- Basic Knowledge in Windows Server software in a multi-site environment, TCP/IP, MS Office, Antivirus Software, Backup Server Softwares, Active Directory services, Email Exchange , Remote Connections Softwares and IT utilities;
- Knowledge of IP, VPN, VOIP and LAN/WAN infrastructure;
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft SQL databases administration will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of .NET framework (ASP, VB), SQL and CMS will be an advantage.
- Microsoft and Cisco network certificates is an advantage;
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of Turkish is advantageous.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
• Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
• Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
• Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Integrity and transparency:
• Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
• Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behavior.
• Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
• Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
• Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
• Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
•Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
• Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
• Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honors commitments to others and to the Organization.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
•Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
• Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
• Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
• Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail by the end of 23 July 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.