In-Processing Caseworker (Ref: TU-IST-23-INP-02)
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international non-governmental organization, whose mission is to protect and serve uprooted people, including refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants - regardless of faith, race, ethnicity, or nationality. In collaboration with governmental and non-governmental partners, and through a worldwide network of members, ICMC implements and advocates for right-based policies and sustainable solutions to address global migration challenges. ICMC’s operations are aimed to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals and communities, and focus on protection, humanitarian assistance, resettlement, migration, and development.
For four decades, ICMC has partnered with the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration to conduct refugee resettlement. Currently ICMC operates under a cooperative agreement with the Department of State (DOS), as a Resettlement Support Centre (RSC) and under a contract with European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA) to prepare eligible refugee for resettlement to US and European Union Member States. As part of this service, we work with several thousands of refugees and their families each year and take them through each stage of processing that is required for resettlement to the U.S.A. ICMC also has a sub-office in Beirut, Lebanon.
SCOPE OF WORK
The caseworker is primarily responsible for conducting personal interviews with refugees and their dependents and to record their persecution claims, biographic information, and relevant documentation in order to complete a refugee case history.
1. To conduct personal interviews with refugee applicants and their families and to record biographical information and claims for each refugee applicant
2. To ensure that all information and additional documentation is added to the file and compiled in the format that complies with the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
3. To comply with the data and information security standards while collecting sensitive personal information
4. To oversee and contribute to the scheduling, tracking, and coordination of pre-screening interviews when needed
5. To perform additional tasks related to refugee processing and casework on behalf of refugee applicants and other office functions outside of daily tasks
6. To coordinate with Out-Processing and QMDP units and ensure that the operational needs of the refugee processing program are met and high standards of casework are maintained
7. To take an active part in staff professional development and contribute to the overall goals of the Program
8. To ensure that ICMC’s standards and PRM’s requirements are upheld at all times
- University degree or previous expereince with a non-profit organization
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of Arabic and /or Farsi is an advantage
- Knowledge of MS Office applications and typing skills
- Good understanding of US resettlement processes and procedures.
- Independent work, teamwork, collaboration, adaptability, work under pressure
- Detail oriented, adaptibility to changing situations
- Institutional or Organizational Awareness
- Patience and compassion
- Must be Turkish citizen
- Conduct work with the highest level of personal and professional integrity. Must comply with and actively promote ICMC's zero tolerance policy with regard to sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment, abuse of power, fraud and corruption in all of its activities and responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vacancy Notice number TU-IST-23-INP-02 and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 31.03.2023.
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to a Zero-Tolerance Policy toward sexual exploitation, abuses, and all forms of unlawful harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment. Screening of applications includes the vetting for records of prior misconduct and reference checking. ICMC may take other necessary measures to ensure that people involved in substantiated cases of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment will not be recruited.
ICMC is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. ICMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age.
By submitting your application, you agree that ICMC collects and processes the information you provide. Your personal information will only be used for recruitment purposes. Your application will be kept strictly confidential. In any case, your personal information will be stored until the end of the application process and then destroyed in accordance with the relevant legislation if we do not have the opportunity to offer you a position.
If you have sent your personal information to us, we would like to indicate that you have the following rights.
- Learning whether personal data is processed,
- Requesting information if it has been processed, learning the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used appropriately for their purpose,
- To know the third parties to whom personal data are transferred domestically or abroad,
- To request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing,
- Requesting the deletion or destruction of personal data,
- Request notification of the processes regarding the correction, deletion, or destruction of personal data to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
- Object to the occurrence of a result against the person himself by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- To request the compensation of the damage in case of damage due to the illegal processing of personal data.
In general, if you have any questions about your personal information, or if you have complaints and / or objections to the processing of your personal information, please contact via email@example.com address.
Application Address for all ICMC Positions: firstname.lastname@example.org