IM & M&E & Liaison Officer
iMFAD invites applicants for an Information Management - Monitoring and Evaluation and Liaision Officer working cross border into NW Syria. S/he will be stationed in Gaziantep with visits to Aleppo, Syria to perform her/his tasks and to support iMFAD teams working in Syria,
Information Management - Monitoring and Evaluation and Liaison Officer will be leading in ensuring program quality through the management and implementation of a robust monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems at base level. This position will lead in applying the iMFAD MEAL strategy and adapt its components to respond to the needs of the base, taking into consideration the operational context, organization and donor requirements, available resources and required capacities at base level.
S/he will collect data from the teams regarding operational activities to keep records and to provide the necessary reports to the Program. S/he will provide the necessary communication with the teams working in the field, local administrations, public institutions and organizations to carry out regular information activities and to provide and maintain all kinds of communication.
- Work cross-border as required.
- Report to Managers/Senior Managers/Directors as required,
- Demonstrate commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Communicate efficiently with multiple teams/employees of different backgrounds or nationalities.
- Follow up the implementation of the project's monitoring and evaluation plan and updating it on a monthly basis
- Delivery of the requirements according to the plan and according to the agreed dates with the program coordinator and partner.
- Produce project-related monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Share the weekly updates with the program coordinator.
- Monitor and update the project indicators on a monthly basis.
- Follow-up updates /daily-weekly-monthly/with the programs/project teams.
- Document examples of good practices and challenges related to monitoring and accountability at the project level.
- Document lessons learned, recommendations and follow-up with program teams on implementation of recommendations through review meetings.
- Identify training needs, work with the program coordinator and others as needed to plan and implement trainings.
- Timely access to monitoring and evaluation results for program teams through monitoring and updating data analysis, and through timely sharing and production of reports.
- Assist in reporting (monthly, quarterly and annual reports);
- Implement any other activity requested by administration
- Ensure ongoing monitoring, tracking and reporting of progress is in accordance with iMFAD quality standards as well as donor requirements.
- Provide technical advice and capacity-building support to relevant staff in the program.
- Design and implement appropriate monitoring tools and mechanisms, and regularly assess appropriate tools available externally that can be adapted and used by iMFAD
- Undertake regular monitoring and technical support visits to projects to assess progress against approved plans
- Contribute to the development and delivery of baseline data or other surveys according to the project design.
- Lead in transforming experiences and individual learning into institutional learning that impacts on how the organization operates (suggest changes to structures, systems, tools, manuals, etc) and suggest general staff capacity building programs.
- Be the focal person for the complaints and response handling system, work closely with designated accountability staff
- Monitor, coordinate, and communicate the strategic objectives of the iMFAD
- Collaborate and communicate successfully with other entities outside of the business
- Work with other staff members to develop a greater understanding of the business and any issues that arise
- Develop and foster relationships with the community, stakeholders, and other entities
- Collect, analyze, and utilize data and feedback to identify opportunities to improve the relationship between the business and the other entity
- Compile reports about particular incidents, events, or updates about an important issue for the business
- Proactively solve conflicts and address issues that could occur between the business and the other entity
- Promptly respond to incidents and other events as necessary
- Act as a positive representation of the business to the community
- University degree in Computer Science, Social Science, Information Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience
- Minimum two years office experience; prior experience working for international organizations or donors preferred.
- Previous Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning experience in ERW survey and clearance activities, broadly in mine action.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analytical techniques.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of quantitative and qualitative methods including questionnaire design, survey techniques, and participatory approaches.
- Ability to write clearly and coherently.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and in a multi-cultural setting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Communication: Strong communicator, negotiating, facilitating and presenting
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing, prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Fluency in Turkish and English are required; knowledge of Arabic is a plus;
- Computer literacy and excellent working knowledge of MS Office software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Have no obstacle to travel;
The Information Management, Monitoring Evaluation and Liaision Officer will be stationed in Gaziantep office. She/He will usually work within basic working hours unless there’s a need for her/him to meet deadlines. Most of the time, is only required to work on a weekday, but not on a holiday.
Duration 10 months.
Possible Start Date 01 August 2020
Salary Expected GROSS salary will be approximately ….USD net per month.
To apply please email your CV, diploma and relevant certificates
Please note that the closing date for vacancies is 16 June 2020 at 17:00 (Turkey time).
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.
- Finance, Log and Admin Assistant
- Field M&E, Media and Logistics Officer (Aleppo /Ar Raee (Azaz) / Syria)
- Community Liaison Team leader & RE ToT Trainer (Aleppo/Ar Raee (Azaz) /Syria)
- Field Finance&HR&Admin Officer (Aleppo/Ar Raee (Azaz) /Syria)
- Survey/Disposal Team Member (Aleppo/Ar Raee (Azaz) /Syria)
- Field Manager and Security Officer (Aleppo/Ar Raee(Azaz)/Syria)