WATAN foundation is seeking energetic, professional individual with extraordinary communication skills to join our team of information management professionals. If you are highly motivated, detail oriented, a quick learner and enjoy working with people; then we encourage you to apply.
- Present, develop, and implement the strategic plan for humanitarian information management within the Quality and Compliance Department.
- Develop goals and objectives for technology and information activities for the WATAN foundation based on organizational needs.
- Facilitate staff's ability to use existing and emerging technology to achieve organization's mission and objectives.
- Research, develop and implement new services that can improve the efficiency of the country office using information systems.
- Provide advice and counsel concerning IM issues to Quality and Compliance Manager.
- Train counterparts to use information management tools as platforms such as HumanitarianResponse.info.
- Data acquisition—locating GIS datasets and/or GIS contacts from various agencies, counties, cities and special districts.
- Data management—organizing and maintaining GIS data.
- Cartography/Infographics—production of high-quality maps or infographics as requested.
Results expected: Achieves the department programme objectives through the provision of high-quality information products and services, which give humanitarian partners access to essential information for better analysis and decision-making.
Education: Advanced university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in information management, information systems or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted instead of the advanced university degree.
Experience: A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in visualization and design with an emphasis on web and mobile technologies.
Language: Fluency in English and Arabic is required; knowledge of the other is desirable.
• Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts by final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates the appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
• Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
• Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows a willingness to learn new technology.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. WATAN reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.