Company /Job Description
The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an internationally operating non-governmental organization serving and protecting uprooted people, regardless of faith, race, ethnicity, or nationality.
Forover three decades, ICMC has partnered with the U.S. Department of State,Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration to conduct refugee resettlement.Currently ICMC operates under a cooperative agreement with the Department ofState (DOS), as a Resettlement Support Centre (RSC) to prepare eligible refugeeapplications for consideration for resettlement in Turkey and Middle East(TuME). As part of this service we work with several thousands of refugees andtheir families each year and take them through each stage of processing that isrequired for resettlement to the U.S.A. ICMC RSC has its headquarters in Istanbul,Turkey and also maintains an operational presence in Beirut, Lebanon.
To maintain and provide technical assistance and support to the local network,hardware and software, servers and electronic equipment to ensure smooth communication between and within offices and run and manage a help desk forIstanbul and Beirut (remotely).
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To provide technical assistance and support to the Istanbul and Beirut (remotely) office staff in computer systems, software, and hardware;
- To manage a help desk function for users in Istanbul and Beirut (remotely), deal with individual and team queries;
- To identify any patterns in difficulties experienced by the team and provide training accordingly;
- To provide training to computer users on security awareness and basic usage;
- To maintain computer systems and equipment;
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software on client base;
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems;
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS);
- Install basic computer peripherals for users;
- Follow up with local team to ensure issue has been resolved;
- Gain feedback from local team about computer usage;
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Commitment to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality and respect of human dignity;
- Commitment to safeguard refugee interests and to prevent any real or perceived abuse of trust and conflict of interest;
- Knowledge and experience of intermediate O/S installation and hardware;
- Knowledge and experience of networks and servers;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Knowledge of sufficient Turkish and English to communicate, explain and train staff;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage the inquiry load of ICMC/RSC;
- Ability to identify patterns in issues and to develop recommendations for improvements;
- Willingness to work in a multi-cultural work environment;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the End User Support (help desk) field.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your up-to-date CV via email to our HR application address together with a cover letter explaining why you think you would be suited to this post. The closing date for the applications is 23rd January 2019.
Please include the posting reference number and your full name in the email subject line. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
For over three decades, ICMC has partnered with the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration to conduct refugee resettlement. Currently ICMC operates under a cooperative agreement with the Department of State (DOS), as a Resettlement Support Centre (RSC) to prepare eligible refugee applications for consideration for resettlement in Turkey and Middle East (TuME). As part of this service we work with several thousands of refugees and their families each year and take them through each stage of processing that is required for resettlement to the U.S.A. ICMC RSC has its headquarters in Istanbul, Turkey and also maintains an operational presence in Beirut, Lebanon.
Application Address: email@example.com