The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international non-governmental organization, whose mission is to protect and serve uprooted people, including refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants - regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. In collaboration with governmental and non-governmental partners, and through a worldwide network of members, ICMC implements and advocates for right-based policies and sustainable solutions to address global migration challenges. ICMC’s operations are aimed to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals and communities, and focus on protection, humanitarian assistance, resettlement, migration and development.
For four decades, ICMC has partnered with the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration to conduct refugee resettlement. Currently ICMC operates under a cooperative agreement with the Department of State (DOS), as a Resettlement Support Centre (RSC) and under a contract with European Asylum Support Office (EASO) to prepare eligible refugee for resettlement to US and European Union Member States. As part of this service, we work with several thousands of refugees and their families each year and take them through each stage of processing that is required for resettlement to the U.S.A. ICMC also has a sub-office in Beirut, Lebanon.
SCOPE OF WORK
To maintain and provide technical assistance and support to the local network, hardware and software, servers and electronic equipment to ensure smooth communication between and within offices and run and manage a help desk for Istanbul and Beirut (remotely).
• To provide technical assistance and support to the Istanbul and Beirut (remotely) office staff in computer systems, software, and hardware;
• To manage a help desk function for users in Istanbul and Beirut (remotely), deal with individual and team queries;
• To identify any patterns in difficulties experienced by the team and provide training accordingly;
• To provide training to computer users on security awareness and basic usage;
• To maintain computer systems and equipment;
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software on client base;
• Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems;
• Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS);
• Install basic computer peripherals for users
• Follow up with local team to ensure issue has been resolved;
• Gain feedback from local team about computer usage;
• Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
• Commitment to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality and respect of human dignity;
• Commitment to safeguard refugee interests and to prevent any real or perceived abuse of trust and conflict of interest;
• Knowledge and experience of intermediate O/S installation and hardware;
• Knowledge and experience of networks and servers;
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
• Knowledge of sufficient Turkish and English to communicate, explain and train staff;
• Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage the inquiry load of ICMC/RSC;
• Ability to identify patterns in issues and to develop recommendations for improvements;
• Willingness to work in a multi-cultural work environment;
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the End User Support (help desk) field.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a detailed CV of maximum four pages in English, a motivation letter and two professional references with full and up to date contact details via email, to: our HR Address on the company profile section.
The Vacancy Notice number TU-IST-21-IT-01 and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 8th February 2021.
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to a Zero-Tolerance Policy toward sexual exploitation, abuses and all forms of unlawful harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment. Screening of applications includes the vetting for records of prior misconduct and reference checking. ICMC may take other necessary measures to ensure that people involved in substantiated cases of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment will not be recruited.
ICMC is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. ICMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age.
By submitting an application, you agree that ICMC collects and manages the information that you provide. Your personal information will be used for recruitment purposes only. Your application will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Application Address: email@example.com