|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||Gaziantep|
Reporting to the Regional Coordinator, the Gaziantep Field-Based Intern will be based in the Gaziantep Regional Office to provide support Gaziantep Field Team in their office-based daily activities.
- Get acquainted with RC/RC movement and its principles, activities across the world.
- Get acquainted with overall implementation of a humanitarian CBI programme and working with a National RC society as implementing partner.
Contribute, support, and learn from the Gaziantep IFRC Regional Office’s office-based work.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Intern will be expected to carry out the following specific tasks:
Operational Management Support
- Support the processing of translation
- Join meetings whenever there is a need for TR-ENG translation
- Support IFRC Delegates and other mission members in their ESSN & CBMP related field missions.
- Support Field Assistant in the logistic/admin and technical planning, preparations, implementation of workshops and donor monitoring missions.
Programme Monitoring and Reporting
- Support Field Coordinator and Field Officers in preparing specific thematic research papers and provincial level ESSN analysis.
- Provide their supervisor with a copy of all the materials prepared during the internship.
- Supporting Field Assistant with overall administrative management of the Gaziantep Regional Office.
- Following up with the incoming and outgoing cargos of the office,
- Maintain an inventory of the assets and equipment
- Keep track of the visibility items
- Supporting Drivers and IFRC Logistic Officer with filing IFRC Rental Car-related documents based on IFRC standard filing system
Maintain confidentiality of all information which has become known to them during the internship.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- Be currently enrolled in a university or equivalent level or have graduated recently (normally within 1 year from the date of hiring) from following areas: Social Science, Social Work, International Relations, Public Administration, Business Administration, Linguistics, Communications.
- Practical experience in simultaneous translation
- Practical experience in archiving
- Ability to write simple concise reports
- Knowledge and understanding in the use of working with office equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Language
Knowledge and Skills
- Advance working knowledge of using Ms Office programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and a multicultural context
- Knowledge of the Turkey and having political and cultural sensitivity
- Understanding of the humanitarian context
- Fluently spoken and written English and Turkish
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
Competencies and Values
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Judgement and Decision Making
- National Society and Customer Relations
- Creativity and Innovation
- Building Trust
- Respect for diversity