Main Job Purpose
To develop the Internal Audit function of Human Appeal that will provide assurance at organisational and service level to all Human Appeal Managers in the UK and globally. The Internal Auditor will monitor the effectiveness of Human Appeal’s risk management and internal control environment. This will involve helping to draw up internal strategy, audit plans and audit methodologies, as well as providing real-time assurance working with Human Appeal teams to assist them in assessing and mitigating risks to ensure Human Appeal’s policies, procedures and systems remain fit for purpose and risks mitigated and managed. With time, the auditor will be visiting other offices for HA for audit purposes and report to Internal HQ Audit Manager.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Internal Auditor:
- Contribute to thedevelopment of the Internal Audit function of Human Appeal that will provide assurance at organisational and service level to all Human Appeal Managers in the UK and globally
- Monitor the effectiveness of Human Appeal’s risk management and internal control environment including (GDPR and Fraud)
- Draw up an internal strategy, audit plans and audit methodologies
- Provide real-time assurance to Human Appeal teams in line with SLA and succesfully mitigating risks
- Contribute to the development of “fit for purpose” and “risks mitigated” Human Appeal’s policies, procedures and systems
- Agree terms of reference, presenting the findings and following up on recommendations and agreed action plans
- Assist the Internal Audit Manager in delivering feedback and reports to the Audit Committee and Human Appeal Directors & Managers, identifying risk and providing recommendations to improve organisational effectiveness and compliance
Experience and Technical Competencies
- Degree-educated, ideally in a relevant field such as Finance
- Auditor Qualification
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role and must currently be working in Audit
- Candidate must be fluent in speaking, Understanding and comprehending English and report writing in English (Advance Level) Additional languages (e.g., Turkey and Arabic) are desirable
- Open to candidates with cross cutting specializations and transferable skills in the area of Compliance, MEAL/M&E, Quality management or Governance, with a proven ability to audit."
- Charity sector experience would be an advantage
- Must have the right to work in Turkey (full Turkish citizenship only)
- Computer literate and experienced with MS Office Suite and Auditing software
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the international development sector
HOW TO APPLY:
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP.
Link to Job advertisement: https://humanappeal.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=ee0633b8-3519-4612-9367-dc5624bb3001
Please note that we will only be contacting the Shortlisted candidates.
Human Appeal (HA) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization that works in 25 countries around the world since 1991.
Since 2013 Human Appeal has set up an office in Turkey Syria mission. Human Appeal is an INGO that provides emergency aid and services to people affected by the conflict in Syrıa. Human Appeal works in a variety of sectors which include; food and livelihood, WASH, protection, shelter, and others. In a short space of time.