Internal Quality Assurance Coordinator (Physical and Electronic Archiving) (Ref: BO-TR-ME0392)
|İngilizce (B2, Level 4, Intermediate ),Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aids to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to respond to the needs and basic requirements of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic living standards to the affected population by delivering humanitarian aid based on the needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The coordinator is responsible for organizing the direct safekeeping of permanent records and valuable documents, physical records, digital and electronic documents, and keep them safe and secure and make them available whenever needed. All data, information, documents, and digital library for all Bahar projects and other documents are securely stored, properly organized, and regularly updated, and easily accessed whenever required.
Archiving and Documents
- Organize archival records and develop classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials.
- Prepare archival records, such as document descriptions, to allow easy access to information.
- Authenticate and appraise historical documents and archival materials.
- Create and maintain accessible, retrievable computer archives and databases, incorporating current advances in electronic information storage technology… Develop library or archival databases.
- Preserve records, documents, and objects, copying records to disk, memory, or computer formats as necessary.
- Prepare materials for preservation, storage, or display.
- Oversee development of catalog of archival holdings
- Establish and administer policy guidelines concerning public access and use of materials.
- Manage the accession and deaccession of documents to the Archives
- Supervising scanning and converting the archival documents into electronic data.
- Maintain and manage on-site archival collections.
- Provide barcode to on-site archival collections.
- Develop safety protocols to protect archival data, records, and documentation.
- Answering inquiries
- Storing and preserving perishable documents
Retrieving data and information
- Retrieving the records, documents, and date whenever required.
- Easy recalling of records and other related documents.
- B.A. or advanced degree in library science and/or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of archival experience desired
- Knowledge of best practices and archival standards
- Experience in archival digitization technologies and digital asset management
- Detail-oriented, team player, able to juggle multiple tasks, shifting priorities in a fast-paced work environment, and excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of archiving principles (including digital)
- Knowledge of archive-related legislation
- Description and ordering techniques
- Digital management techniques
- Maximum precision and attention to detail
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply by completing the form at the following link:
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted