Doctors Worldwide Turkey is looking for Interpreter for WHO supported Project for Refugee Health Centers in Istanbul.
Doctors Worldwide Turkey is an international humanitarian aid organization who serves medical relief to communities in need through the provision of sustainable medical relief and health-based development programs over 40 countries worldwide.
With the support of WHO, DoctorsWorldwide Turkey (DWWT) provides support for preparing Syrian doctors and nurses to work within the Turkish medical system in Istanbul in a partnership with the Ministry of Health.
Interpreter assists management of the project regarding the translation (Arabic/Turkish) of all documents and oral translation during consultations, meetings and professional conversations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work closely with all teams, translating exactly and fully from Arabic/Turkish and vice-versa, everything said by either party in the consultation or conversation;
- Ask questions to the team if words and sentences are not well understood to be sure ideas are well communicated;
- Provide translation support for the Refugee Health Trainings;
- Intervene the interlocutors when it is needed to have time to translation;
- Behave with self-restraint at all times and treat interlocutor kindly and with respect;
- Explain in other words if there is some misunderstanding;
- Translate written documents (Arabic/Turkish);
- Provide any help when requested by any member of the team;
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security-related issues to the referent or the line manager;
- Supporting operational organization of field trips and DWWT programs/activities;
- Implement any other activity requested by administration;
- Assist case management activities;
- Assist outreach activities;
- Help/ assist beneficiaries regarding their legal problems;
- Exceptional experience in interpreting medical terms from Turkish/Arabic
- Operational knowledge of medical terminology, hospital setting and clinical practices
- Solid understanding of patient needs and medical crisis
- Bachelor’s degree in the language being interpreted (Turkish/Arabic)
- Associate degree in Interpreting
- Prior interpreter experience with spoken word
- Completing an interpreting certificate program
- 1-3 years of experience in the related field