Consultancy Solutions seeks English-Arabic/Arabic-English interpreters or Kurdish - English/Arabic interpreters to work remotely from their home-base, or to accompany in-person trainers when travel restrictions allow in the future.
Selected interpreters will be responsible for translation of radio and television news and non-news programs from audio or video, to text. This includes newscasts and summaries, as well as current – affairs, magazine and feature programs. Selected interpreters will also be responsible for consecutive translation between trainers and training participants both during face-to-face on-site and virtual trainings, and working with consultants engaged in carrying out station assessments both on site and virtually. Previous experience of providing services to media clients, as well as knowledge of the terminology used in media reporting and programming would be an advantage. Candidates should be able to process information quickly and concisely and recognize sensitive cultural differences. The position may include support for multiple media development programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide accurate, detailed, and timely written Arabic-English OR Kurdish-English/translation (as requested) of radio and television programs and online text stories.
- Provide accurate, detailed and timely written Arabic-English/English-Arabic OR Kurdish-English/Arabic of written documents/reports
- Provide accurate, detailed, and timely spoken Arabic-English/English-Arabic OR Kurdish-English/Arabic consecutive translation (as requested) of media outlet assessments and trainings including remotely and in-person in Turkey;
- Respond to Consultancy Solutions e-mails and other types of communication for clarifications, edits, and corrections as and if needed;
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certification in English-Arabic-English/ English-Kurdish translation preferred;
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in translation preferred [please provide references for any translation services performed];
- Previous experience providing translation services for radio and television production organizations an advantage [please provide references from applicable radio and television production organizations];
Willingness to work in a flexible manner in terms of number of working hours, days of work.
To Apply: Please send a resume and a cover letter, including the translation rates to email@example.com and Add Interpreter in the subject line of the email.
- Closing date for applications: April 16th, 2021.
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undertake a written test and a verbal interview.