Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised $2 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, ensuring that they are able to survive, learn and be protected whatever their circumstances, including in times of humanitarian crisis.
As part of our strategic plan to reach ‘Every Last Child’, we have made it a global priority to build humanitarian, advocacy and campaigning capability, to become truly global – driving stronger and more diversified funding, and to maximise the use of our knowledge, systems, capacity and culture. We are doing whatever it takes to reach the world’s most excluded children. With your help we can ensure the world puts children first, and that we can tackle the barriers that prevent them from surviving and thriving. We won’t stop until every last child survives and fulfils their potential.
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The Accountability Officer is a part of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team, supporting implementation of the overall programme MEAL system. He/she will coordinate the running of the Turkey accountability system at the Country office level under the MEAL Coordinator/Manager. S/he will assist the MEAL team as well as partners with activities (including Child Protection, Education, Livelihoods as well as MHPSS as cross-cutting), focusing on contact with beneficiaries in terms of information sharing, involving beneficiaries in monitoring and review, and collection of feedback through focus group discussions, interviews and feedback & complaints mechanisms. The safe and meaningful participation of boys and girls will be particularly important as per the role and mandate of Save the Children. S/he will support accountability activities within surveys, assessments and evaluations, including child friendly methodologies. The Accountability Officer will support all efforts for promoting a high level of beneficiary accountability and will support programme and partner teams to implement the feedback mechanisms at field level, ensuring that information from feedback is analysed and disseminated, managing referrals, and helping to produce informational materials for beneficiaries.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator, Istanbul
Budget responsibility: None
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:Accountability
· Support the MEAL coordinator in developing accountability SOPs and review of Accountability Implementation Plan.
· Coordinate the Accountability assessment with Save the Children (SC) partners.
· Support SC partners in establishing/improving accountability system including sufficient resources.
· Support partners on the design and set up of the full programme complaints and feedback mechanism (CFM) and information sharing system – including child friendly versions that are sensitive to gender and diversity.
· Support programming and partner staff to ensure that projects are carried out with participation from all affected communities (including children) and that information is shared with affected communities.
· Responsible for track and review of Accountability Implementation Plan.
· Work closely with the MEAL Officers to support partners to implement and maintain accountability activities and systems. Also work closely with other project staff of SC and partners, including Child Protection Project Manager and staff involved in the Child Protection, Protection and Psychosocial support interventions.
· Compile feedback received from MEAL officers/partners and ensure follow-up as per feedback protocols including producing CO monthly feedback reports.
· Support MEAL Officers with accountability data collection processes for the MEAL plans and other accountability focused activities.
ontribute into quarterly partner meeting providing accountability updates and issues as necessary.
· Insure accountability activities are imbedded in the third-party monitoring system.
· Conduct accountability related trainings and capacity development for SC staff and partners.
· Contribute to partners dynamic capacity building on accountability and learning by close mentoring and coaching.
· Coordinate accountability external capacity building opportunities for SC and partners.
· Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
· Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
· Other tasks that are deemed critical to ensure the accountability of Save the Children and its partners to boys, girls and their families and communities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
CHILD SAFEGUARING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the SCIs Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Benefits Package provided to National Staff:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English by sending your up to date CV with a cover letter as a single document explaining your salary expectations to email@example.com and mention the position that you are applying on the subject section. The advertisement will be closed on October 7th, 2018 at 5:30 PM (Turkey local time).
Please kindly be informed that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum