Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Concern has been working in Turkey since August 2013 and currently looking for an Admin Officer for an EU Funded project Building Tomorrow.
Job Title Admin Officer
Location Sanlıurfa, Turkey
Reporting Line Logistics Manager
Supervisory Responsibility Administration staff (including receptionist and security guards)
Closely work with Logistics Assistant and Admin staff in Field Offices
Job Status Fixed term
Job Grade D
Job Purpose: Providing day-to-day support to the Logistics Manager, performing routine duties such as flight and hotel reservations, work permit applications, lease agreements and related payments, supervision of cleaning staff, and management of office supplies and maintain proper files for all transactions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Facilities / Office management:
- Supervision of cleaning staff to ensure that the office is clean and compliant with health and safety standards at all times
- Ensure that the office is stocked with cleaning and stationary supplies and that all items are released from stock in a controlled manner
- Work closely with the HR department to ensure that all staff are compliant with HR procedures such as annual leave forms, submitting time sheets etc.
- Support the HR team in relation to the induction process for all staff
- Manage (maintain relevant records, raise alert when lease agreements are close to end etc.) all lease agreements for all Concern premises in Sanliurfa and other locations. Raise requests for new premises needs.
- Arrange for routine health and safety checks in the office and that all fire extinguishers and first aid kits are up to date
- Ensure that all staff are adhering to Security SOPs and that all security incidents are reported
- Work closely with Admin staff in field offices to ensure compliance with Concern policies and procedures
- Maintain sufficient stock of office supplies and raise requests when stocks are going below the identified minimum level
- Provide support for office and guest house maintenance
- Provide technical advice on Administration matters to staff in field offices (Admin Assistants and Systems Officers)
Organizing for Flight and hotel booking and payments.
- Manage hotel reservations for all Concern staff and visitors
- Manage flight bookings for all Concern staff and visitors
- Develop / revise internal procedures for travel approval, flights bookings and accommodation (preferably online solutions)
- Ensure all supporting documents are maintained for payment process for tickets and hotels
- Carryout the market surveys to identify the cost effective air travel booking agents, safe and reasonable hotels for country programs and support in making framework contracts with short-listed services providers
- Support the program team and country program to identify and select hotels for workshops, trainings and meetings
- Responsible to arrange and book accommodation for visitors and people who are attending trainings
- Process the payments for all workshops and seminars
Visibility material, printing and translation:
- Coordinate with suppliers for printing business card, ID Cards, files, and folders and other required materials for Concern operations in Turkey
- Facilitate and coordinate with translators to translate the required documents in English, Turkish and Arabic and process payment of same
Safety and Security
- Provide support to Logistics Manager on managing safety and security of staff, property and assets.
- Supervise all the reception staff to ensure they perform their respective tasks accurately and in an appropriate and timely manner
- Monitor implementation of safety and security measures for Sanliurfa Office and advise to Systems Officer in other offices/ premises, as and when required
- Conduct any other duties assigned by supervisor within the Logistic Department in order to smoothen the flow of work, such duties will be within the employee’s reasonable capacity
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Graduate degree in administration or relevant discipline
- Minimum three years relevant work experience in a similar capacity preferably in NGO sector. Lesser experience with higher educational background acceptable
- Good written and spoken English and communications skills
- Knowledge / experience of compliance requirements of major donors (EU, ECHO, PRM, SDC and UN agencies) with regard to administration functions
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner
Preference will be given to candidates who are:
- Excellent Computing skills, including use of spread sheet and electronic mail
- Empathy with the aims and objective of Concern worldwide Turkey Programme and humanitarian principles
- The ability to priorities competing demands
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
CONCERN STAFF CODE OF CONDUCT AND PROGRAMME PARTICIPANT PROTECTION POLICY
Concern has a Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct which has been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, especially beneficiaries, from abuse and exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, partner organisations, and anyone engaged by Concern or visiting our programmes, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context all Concern staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct of their work in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions in this document.
Any breach of Concern Staff Code of Conduct or the Programme Participant Protection Policy by employees of Concern Worldwide during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including dismissal.
If you feel that your qualifications and experience match our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values, please send both a covering letter and an up-to-date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, both CV and cover letter should be in English and the role you are applying for set out clearly in the email subject-header
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
- Please detail the position applied for in the email subject-header
- Please detail the location applied for in the email or subject-header
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
- Application Closing Date: 26.08.2018
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Pozisyon İdari Asistan
- Eğitim Seviyesi Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 1-3
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)