Location: Turkey – Ankara
Starting date: June 2018
Period of implementation: 12 months
Expertise France is a French public agency under the tutelage of the French Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Economy and Finance with a strong inter-ministerial vocation. Expertise France offers project engineering and technical assistance by developing and implementing international cooperation actions worldwide. The agency operates in various fields of development and institutional cooperation including safety and security reform, post-crisis/ stability, public health, human rights, strengthening of institutions and NGOs and governance. Carrying out large-scale, multi-stakeholder projects, Expertise France can ensure the cooperation between individuals, teams and institutions with very different statuses, cultures and specialties. Besides, Expertise France has acquired a sound experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale international projects and is accredited by the European Union for the management of delegated Community funds.
The Middle East is currently experiencing a profound crisis. The conflicts in Syria and Iraq are both a reflection and a transmitter of this crisis, with growing potential to further destabilise neighbouring countries and the wider region. These crises have resulted in a humanitarian disaster affecting more than 13.5 million people who were forced to flee their homes from Syria, and more than 17 million people in need of humanitarian aid (12.2 in Syria and 5.2 in Iraq).
The programme “Qudra – Resilience for Syrian refugees, IDPs and Host communities in Response to the Syrian and Iraqi Crises” is a regional action that seeks to strengthen the resilience of Syrian refugees, IDPs and host communities in response to the Syrian and Iraqi crises in five areas or modules (Specific Objectives, SO). Qudra is commissioned and financed by the EU Regional Madad Trust Fund and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
The Programme has a duration period from June 2016 – June 2019. It is implemented in Jordan, Lebanon, North Iraq (Kurdistan Region of Iraq), and Turkey by a group of European Member States Agencies, led by GIZ, the Spanish Organisation AECID, and Expertise France and Hungarian Interchurch Aid (HIA). It covers five specific objectives (SO); Education Infrastructure (SO1); Skills Development (SO2); Social Cohesion (SO3); Supporting Local Administration (SO4); Facilitating Dialogue and Dissemination (SO5). The specific objectives and implementing partners vary across the countries.
In Turkey, Expertise France implements part of the SO3 related to Social Cohesion. The Specific Objective is to foster social cohesion between Syrian refugees and their host communities. It will be achieved through assisting local structures in strengthening their outreach services and bringing Turkish communities and Syrian refugees closer together through a variety of joint activities. Building social cohesion between host and refugee communities comes at the very heart of the proposed action. To do so, activities revolve around 3 pillars: (i) community based activities, (ii) support local institutions, (iii) dissemination of the information. Expertise France work closely Ministry of National Education, Civil society organisations and GIZ.
Expertise France is looking for an Administrative and Finance officer to support the programme implementation. The position is based in Ankara with frequent travel to Istanbul and the provinces where the activities will be implemented (Istanbul, Hatay, Gaziantep, Sanliurfa).
Description of the Tasks
Under the general supervision of the programme manager, the finance and administrative officer’s responsibility is to ensure sound and transparent administration of :
- Funds: by providing accounting and financial management consistent with the EF financial management framework.
- Programme: assisting whenever needed the Programme Manager with the implementation of activities
The Administrative and Financial Officer establishes and maintains efficient administrative systems and procedures as well as control mechanisms to support the smooth running of the operations and ensure compliance with EF administrative, human resources and financial rules and procedures. The incumbent manages the day to day human, financial and administrative resources of the project team; conducts regular checks of the internal controls, leads the preparation of the monthly accounts closure of the operation, ensuring that disbursements are made in accordance with the administrative budget and EF’s Financial Rules Administration and implementation of program and operational financial services. S(he) supports EF partners’ in the implementation of the activities through administrative and financial advices.
Administration and implementation of program and operational financial services
- In link with the HQ and with the support of the administrative and financial coordinator of the office in Gaziantep, to organise and supervise the development of the financial system and financial control mechanisms of the programme implemented by Expertise France.
- With support from each implementing partner Admin/Finance Officer, ensure efficient financial monitoring and reporting (including monitoring expenses and revenues, reviewing and upgrading existing procedures, and ensuring production of appropriate financial reports for internal and external stakeholders).
- Implement the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in finance and monthly closure of accountancy, in consultation with the Programme Manager;
- Regularly review with ProjectManager, in line with Month-end Closure Checklist, the Project Delivery Status Reports and investigate any overspend and take immediate corrective action;
- Contribute to programme budget planning and preparation by presenting thoroughly researched information for planning of financial resources;
- Provide information/guidance to the implementing partners on routine implementation of project. Keep track of an appropriate & timely use of financial resources;
- Implement control mechanism for development projects through monitoring budgets preparation and modifications and budgetary status (budget follow-up). Track and report on program and operational financial resources;
- Liaise with EF at HQ level and its Finance Section for requests for preparation of donor reports and review and comment on draft financial reports in conjunction with project managers;
- Prepare and maintain programme financial forecasts and contribute to the preparation of the Programme Documents.
Procurement and Logistics
- Monitor procurements process paying particular attention to the requests for quotation, preferred suppliers, purchase order distribution and receipt inspection procedures;
- Perform any other finance or administrative related duties as requested by the programme manager.
- Proven financial analysis and forecasting ability. Experience with various accounting
software and multi-currency accounting.
- Experience at providing support, guidance and training to financial and non-financial managers and colleagues.
Teamwork and general management:
- Strong communication and reporting skills in English (verbal and in writing);
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation and time management skills;
- Willingness and ability to travel to visit local partner organizations;
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Accountancy or similar.
- Experience: 2-3 years of experience working with an international NGO or similar organisations
- Sound knowledge of International donors procedures (EU)
- Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English. Turkish is required.
- Computer skills: Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
Location and Duration
Location: Ankara with frequent travels in Istanbul, Hatay, Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa.
Starting date: June 2018
Period of implementation: 12 months
Deadline of submission: 2nd June 2018
Applications must be made in English. Please send your applications to the following email addresses:
With the reference to “administrative and finance officer”
– A CV, including references
– A Cover letter
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
- As a first step, a shortlist will be freely established by Expertise France.
- Selected candidates may then be invited for an interview.
Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Pozisyon Muhasebeci, Finans Yöneticisi
- Eğitim Seviyesi Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 1-3
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)