Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest, and conflict affected countries. Concern has been working in Turkey since August 2013 and currently looking for an Area Managers for Şanlıurfa–Kahramanmaraş, Adana–Mersin, Ankara-Konya, and Izmir (National Posts). This offer is conditional on Concern receiving all necessary government permits and approvals to begin the project.
Job Title Area Manager (National Post)
Locations Şanlıurfa, Adana, Ankara, Izmir
Reporting line Programme Director, Building Tomorrow
Contract Length Fixed term; 12 months (extendable)
Job Purpose: You will provide quality leadership and ensure effective and professional management of Concern’s programmes in the field location. You will have overall responsibility of all operational and support sectors of the programmes and will directly manage the senior programme officers and have overall responsibility for programme officers, support officers, assistants and other staff in the field location.
This is a national post and candidates should have the right to work in Turkey at the time of application.
- Ensuring Education and Livelihoods programmes are implemented in line with the Concern Worldwide policies, procedures and Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Analysing and resolving issues that have the potential to jeopardize programme deliverables
- Participating and reporting during programme planning and reviews
- Ensuring lessons learned are shared with relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring How Concern Understands Extreme Poverty guidelines are integrated and reflected into all programmes in the location
- Updating Programme Director and briefing the Programme Management Team on a regular basis
- Maintaining daily base communication with Programme Director
- Providing regular reports, programme updates and work-plans to Programme Director
- Ensuring regular multi-sectoral programme meetings to reinforce integration
- Ensuring strict adherence to Concern’s Financial Policy and Procedures
- Managing expenditures and records daily basis
- Monitoring under and overspending in each programme budget and advising solutions
- Coaching, mentoring and assisting budget holders to develop accurate budgets
- Reporting any suspected or actual financial irregularities to the Country Director
Security Management & Accountability
- Ensuring all staff are aware of and adhere to Security Management Plan (SMP) in the area
- Ensuring a functioning Security Focal Group in the area
- Ensuring a functioning Complaints Response Mechanism in the area
Representation & Networking
- Supporting PD in establishing and maintaining strong relationships with local authorities and organisations including Governorates, Municipalities, Provincial Directorates of relevant ministries; and civil society organisations
- Ensuring strong and trust based relationships, continual capacity building and monitoring of local implementing partners and stakeholders
- Participating in provincial coordination meetings and representing the Programme and Concern
Support Systems & People Management
- Ensuring strict adherence to Concern’s HR, Logistics and Procurement, and IT Systems Policy and Procedures
- Supporting all area staff to understand and complete their objectives
- Ensuring regular cash and stock counts
- Assist with the recruitment of national staff and ensuring optimal leave planning for staff
- Ensuring induction is provided to new staff and performance development reviews are completed for all staff
- Notifying HR department in the case of any disciplinary and grievance issues
- Relevant graduate qualification, preferably in public administration, political science or social sciences
- Four years’ experience in managing field based operations with an international or local NGO
- Experience in government – civil society organisation cooperation
- Experience in management of diverse and multi-sectoral programmes
- Experience in management of a diverse team of staff
- Experience in budget management
- Knowledge of finance, logistics and administration functions
- Fluent command in written and spoken English
- Computer literate and good knowledge of Word and Excel
- Previous work in challenging, insecure and remote areas
- Experience in the projects conducted in the field of social policy or CSO government cooperation in Turkey
- At least 3 years of experience in good governance with civil society in the field of social policy;
Special Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirements:
- Delegation, time management and prioritizing skills
- Empathy with Concern’s mission, vision and goals, and our target group
- Be flexible and reliable
- Be culturally sensitive and empathic to others
- Be to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Have some sense of humour
CONCERN STAFF CODE OF CONDUCT AND PROGRAMME PARTICIPANT PROTECTION POLICY
Concern has a Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct which has been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, especially beneficiaries, from abuse and exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, partner organisations, and anyone engaged by Concern or visiting our programmes, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context all Concern staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct of their work in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions in this document.
Any breach of Concern Staff Code of Conduct or the Programme Participant Protection Policy by employees of Concern Worldwide during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including dismissal.
If you feel that your qualifications and experience match our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values, please send both a covering letter and an up-to-date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, both CV and cover letter should be in English and the role and the location you are applying for mentioned clearly in the email subject-header
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
Please mention the position applied for and location in the email subject-header
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Application Closing Date: 26.08.2018
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Yönetici
- Pozisyon Proje Yöneticisi
- Eğitim Seviyesi Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 4-9
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)