I – Position Summary
The primary responsibility of this position is to oversee the Budgeting, Grants and Contract function and assist the finance and program departments in developing and improving the financial systems and procedures relating to budgeting, grants and contracts. The main function of this position is to support the development of donor-specific project budgets and necessary revisions, support in prepare accurate and timely monthly financial reports for projects, monitor project expenses against approved budgets, manage the communications on contractual issues with donors and CI Members, ensure timely submission of financial reports to program managers and donors, ensure consistency of sub-grant budgets with donor-approved grant budgets and support the Grants Officer and partners in reviewing all the supporting documents relating to sub-grants advances. The position will also be involved with the drafting, reviewing and modifying of sub-grant agreements.
The position will also ensure the effective maintenance of all central grants and contracts’ files. He/she will advise on project start-up contracting needs, as well as providing strong guidance and support in project close-out procedures and reporting.
The incumbent will coordinate with and provide assistance as required to internal and external audit teams.
II – Responsibilities
Responsibility #1: Maintain records of CO grants and contracts (20%)
- Ensure all grant/contractual information is securely archived yet available as and when required.
- Prepare contracts for Grants and Sub-grants and update them regularly. Assist in the review of IPIA’s, and share potential risks, missing or erroneous information to the Finance Manager, ACD/PS and the respective Program Manager.
- Open individual grants and sub-grant files for each in adherence to CARE’s agreement and sub-agreement management policy. Update regularly as required.
Responsibility # 2: Maintain CO donor reporting schedule (20%)
- Compile the CO donor reporting schedule for all CARE projects through reviewing donor agreements/IPIA and updating the agreement database regularly.
- Work with finance and program teams to ensure quality and timeliness of all financial donor report submissions.
- Document all donor reports in individual grant files
- Make sure that the matching funds are identified as required in the donors’ contracts and are being charged in line with proper budget line item.
- Ensure that Project Managers or budget holders are aware of and provide donor specific requirements that need to be included in the financial reports.
- Ensure that financial exposures and non-compliance with CARE’s and donors’ regulations are brought to the attention of the CD, ACD’s, Finance Manager and respective Project Managers.
- Meet regularly with the project managers in reviewing the expense burn rates and make any necessary revision to ensure fully compliance with donor requirements e.g. budget flexibility.
- Coordinate the collection of contracts receivables from CI Members (or return of unspent funds to CI Members) and donors based on the IPIAs and donor contracts. This includes follow up on relevant personnel or units for the necessary materials in support of the cash transfer requests. Ensure that all cash receipts are recorded properly.
Responsibility # 3: Support Proposal Development and Budgeting (15%)
- Support proposal development processes through the provision of technical guidance in respect to agreement formulation and due diligence.
- When appropriate, support the development of new sub-grant and other agreement budgets with data information backing and coordination with respective program/project managers.
- Support reviews that ensure proposal budgets/budget amendments are in line with donor regulations.
- Recommend or facilitate opportunities to help build staff and partner capacity in budget formulation/management.
- Prepare the quarterly and yearly budget information/templates needed by CARE USA and the Regional Team.
Responsibility # 4: Grants & Contracts Management (15%)
- Support with the reviewing of all donor grant, sub-grants, and contracts and ensure that all concerned staffs are aware of associated donor regulations, including reporting requirements.
- Support the program team as appropriate, in the preparation of certain donor communications regarding grants and contracts intended for donors, CARE USA, or partners.
- Maintain records of all CO grants and contracts; ensure all grant/contractual information is securely archived—yet readily accessible by authorized parties if required. Ensure grant and contract documentation complies with CARE USA’s retention policy and procedures.
- Assist with maintaining a CO donor reporting schedule and work with Finance, and Program Teams to ensure quality and timeliness of all donor report submissions.
- Ensure compliance by continually staying up to date on changes in donor and CI member regulations, and ensuring documentation and communication of all relevant regulations to unit members and program unit e.g. Project Managers
Responsibility # 5: Participate in the analysis and preparation of financial/donor reports, donor and country office annual budgets (15%)
- Maintain project and donor database information and files in both hard and soft copies
- Support in preparing the budget vs expense report for each of the grants and provide the needed reports to project managers by 20th of each following month.
- In coordination with Finance Manager Prepare periodic reports to the donors and partners as required
- Prepare quarterly reconciliation reports between grant and contract reports and actual expenses by the end of the month following the quarter
- Ensure compliance of all donor requirements as per signed contracts when reviewing expenses and preparing financial reports.
- Initiate the request for FCs & PNs as needed
- Support the Finance Manager in the preparation of donor budgets prior to submission of proposals to donors
- Review expenditure reports submitted by partners and subgrantees for accuracy and compliance to donor requirements.
Responsibility #6: General Grant and Contract (10%)
- Maintain liaison with Finance and Program teams.
- Supervise the Grants Officer in the management of the Partner’s supporting documents, capacity building etc.
- Assist in preparing for internal and external audits especially, A133, EU audits and ADS 591 audits.
Job Responsibility #7 Other duties and Responsibilities assigned by the supervisor (5%)
- Support other functions within Finance Department when required.
III – Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or combination of education and work experience.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in related field.
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent Skills in budgeting and overall financial management skills.
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner;
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, participatory approach and sustainable development.
- High level of expertise in using Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work on one’s own and complete tasks and produce high-quality output.
- Should be customer focused, communicating with impact and managing performance effectively.
- Proactive in problem-solving, initiating actions and making operational decisions.
- Master degree in related field.
- Previous experience in NGOs
- Work in multi-cultural, multi-national context is preference
- Work experience in developing country
- Hands-on experience in using financial softwares such as PeopleSoft
Child Protection Policy
- Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
- CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or a rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, to the following e-mail address: TURCAREHR@care.org
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
“Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidates“
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
- Sektör Sivil Toplum