We are looking for a highly qualified Capacity Building Coordinator for our program in Hatay-Turkey.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long-term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
About the job
As part of its partnership strategy in Turkey, DRC will begin to work with an ever-growing number of implementing partners in both Protection and Livelihood sectors. This change of strategy requires additional staff support so as to ensure that DRC is able to effectively manage and lead all partnership related activities across Turkey. An important component of DRC’s Partnership strategy is the emphasis that will be placed on strengthening and building the capacity of local organizations.
As such, DRC is looking to recruit a Capacity Building Coordinator who, under the guidance and coordination of the Partnership Manager, will be responsible for developing and facilitating all capacity building initiatives with local partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for all organizational capacity building initiatives with local implementing partners
- Conduct thorough organizational capacity assessments all current and future local partners in Turkey
- Provide recommendations and develop tailored and specific capacity building plans for each local partner
- Manage, oversee and facilitate all organizational capacity building initiatives with local partners through the facilitation of training and/or coaching/mentoring of partners
- Work closely with selected partners to ensure adequate capacity is built in identified areas
- Draft and finalize a Capacity Building Manual for DRC Turkey operation
- Assist the Partnership Manager in the development of a partnership strategy for DRC Turkey
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, with at least 2 years of experience in capacity building and organizational development in the private sector and/or with humanitarian/development organizations
- Demonstrated experience in building the capacity of organizations through training, coaching/mentoring
- Experience in developing tools, manuals, training modules and work plans for capacity building
- Strong training, facilitation and coaching/mentoring skills
- Proficiency with activities, theories, and methods in the capacity building field
- Excellent communication, networking, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Project Management or a related field
- Fluency in English and Turkish
- Previous experience working with displaced populations
- Proven ability to engage with organizations of different types of small community-based organizations (CBOs) to local non-governmental organizations and associations.
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Working knowledge of Arabic is highly desirable
- Advanced degree in Business, Project Management or a related field
- Flexible with traveling to other duty stations
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant 12 Months’ contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 1 December 2017 and be willing and able to work in Hatay.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 03 November 2017. The interviews are expected to take place within 3 weeks after the application close date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to HR Team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
DDG is part of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC), which is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded in 1956 that works in more than 35 countries throughout the world. We are the largest humanitarian NGO in Denmark and consistently ranked as one of the world’s best NGOs according to Global_Geneva.
We fulfil our mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people and host communities in the conflict areas of the world. We also advocate on behalf of conflict-affected populations globally on the basis of humanitarian principles and the Human Rights Declaration. Our work and long-term strategies are guided by our five core values: Humanitarian approach – Respect – Independence & neutrality – Inclusion – Honesty & transparency.
You can read more about our vision and work on drc.ngo.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Pozisyon Kapasite Geliştirme Görevlisi
- Eğitim Seviyesi Doktora, Yüksek Lisans, Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 4-9
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)