I – Position Summary :
CARE International in Turkey (CARE) provides cross-border humanitarian assistance in Syria and refugee assistance within northern Turkey to people affected by the Syrian crisis. The Accountability Officer is a part of the Programmed Quality Unit, supporting the implementation of the overall programme MEAL system. He/she will coordinate the refinement of Partner accountability mechanisms and the development of a CARE Accountability system at the Country office level in line with CARE Syria systems under the supervision of the MEAL Manager.
He/she will assist partners with activities, focusing on contact with beneficiaries in terms of information sharing, involving beneficiaries in monitoring and review, and collection of feedback through focus group discussions, interviews, and feedback & complaints mechanisms. He/she will support accountability activities within surveys, assessments, and evaluations. This position will support all efforts for promoting a high level of beneficiary accountability and will support partners to implement the feedback mechanisms at field level, ensuring that information from feedback is analyzed and disseminated, managing referrals and helping to produce informational materials for beneficiaries. He/she will also develop and maintain a CARE feedback system at the country office level.
S/he will oversee all the use programme generated data to effectively and simply demonstrate the scope and progress of CARE and partner’s work across Syria. This will enable up-to-date information to be included in donor reporting and funding proposals, and in discussions with key stakeholders. This position will generally support the MEAL team and programme team to ensure accountability systems are working effectively across the programme.
II – responsibilities
Job Responsibility #1 Accountability system development & maintenance :
- Work with MEAL manager and MEAL Coordinator to design or refine accountability systems for CARE & partners including the running of existing mechanisms and set up and implementation of new areas.
- Responsible for development of and tracking and review of partner Accountability Implementation plans.
- Work with MEAL manager on the designing, set up and maintenance of the CARE complaints and response mechanism suitable for the Syrian context.
- Effectively manage CARE’s accountability consultants inside Syria
- Work with partners on producing regular accountability reports
- Produce accountability reports reflecting status and progress of accountability action plans per sector and at the country office level
- Conduct monthly follow up a meeting with partner’s accountability focal points to monitor the progress of accountability activities.
Job Responsibility #2 Feedback and complaint management and leadership :
- Take full leadership of the complaints management for NW operation in line with CARE Syria online CRM system
- Manage feedback received through the CARE system and ensure timely and appropriate referral and follow-up as per CARE Syria feedback and complaints manual
- Ensure timely and appropriate response to complaints as per CARE Syria CRM manual
- Produce reports and analysis of the overall complaints received using CARE Syria CRM
Job Responsibility #3 Accountability support to MEAL processes
- Support Project/Program Managers & MEAL focal point with accountability data collection processes for the MEAL plans and other accountability focused activities.
- Feed accountability findings into project review meetings, learning reviews and reporting.
- Support partners to ensure that projects are carried out with participation from all affected communities and that information is shared with affected communities.
Job Responsibility #4 WoS Coordination & Capacity building:
- Coach and mentor CARE staff and partners on different areas related to Accountability
- Conduct accountability related training and capacity development for CARE staff and partners.
- Conduct regular coordination calls with CARE Syria accountability focal points for the purpose of exchanging learning, challenges and best practices.
- Support CARE and partners to better understand the functionality of CARE Syria CRM system
- Work with partners to the manager and respond to CARE’s related complaints as per the online CRM system
- Any other task as required by the line manager.
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
Comply with CARE policies and practices with respect to gender and diversity, child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, and equal opportunities.
III – Requirements
• Minimum of 2 years previous experience of working in M&E, accountability, customer service, or a community based/consultation related role.
• Demonstrated ability in community mobilization and community-level dialogue.
• Demonstrable experience of competently and effectively synthesizing and managing large quantities of data.
• Strong Excel, data analysis, and reporting skills.
• Experience in conducting pieces of training and coaching/mentoring.
• Experience of working with software or programming
• Excellent proven communication skills, including working with multiple stakeholder groups, including children.
• Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands-on implementation capacity
• Excellent communication and influencing skills.• Ability to handle a high workload and to work independently.
• Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy
• The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
• Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
• 1-2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting.
- Previous experience working in humanitarian programmes.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or a rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, to the following e-mail address: TURCAREHR@care.org
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
“Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidates“
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
- Sektör Sivil Toplum