I – Position Summary
The Rapid Response Manager will be a key position within CARE Turkey’s emergency response team managing projects in northern Syria. Working remotely, s/he will recruit, manage, and gradually strengthen the capacity of a small team of consultants responsible for conducting rapid needs assessment in conflict-affected areas. The RRM will use the data generated from these assessments to prepare regular assessment reports and share them with other humanitarian actors in order to inform program delivery and to improve operational coordination. Where identified needs match with CARE’s capacity to respond, the RRM will oversee emergency response activities, including the distribution of NFIs and basic WASH and shelter interventions.
The RRM and his/her team will also support other program monitoring and data collection processes as needed, and will represent CARE externally in coordination mechanisms in Gaziantep. This position will report to the Cross Border Program Manager, and will work closely with other Project Managers overseeing projects in northern Syria, WASH Advisor, the Partnerships Coordinator, Program Quality Unit Manager, and Safety and Security Manager.
II – Responsibilities
Job Responsibility #1 Project Implementation 60%
|· Manage sub-grants to implementing partners responsible for implementing emergency response activities
· Recruit remote consultants and train them in their roles
· Provide daily coaching and mentoring to consultants and partners; arrange trainings for consultants/partners as relevant/possible
· Develop project tools, including assessment questionnaires to be entered into an electronic data collection platform (ie ODK)
· Ensure project activities are on track and adhere to project proposal, budget, and donor and CARE regulations
· Oversee ongoing rapid assessment processes; generate high quality assessments reports
· Share assessment reports and engage with relevant humanitarian actors to ensure operational coordination of rapid response activities
· In collaboration with WASH Advisor, oversee emergency response activities related to WASH needs identified through rapid assessments
· Working closely with PQMU team, ensure necessary monitoring systems are in place
· Support M&E and technical teams with monitoring and data collection activities for other projects as needed
· Prepare donor updates and reports as needed
Job Responsibility #2 Financial/Asset Management 15%
|· Support procurement and financial processes related to the projects, and ensure they are in line with CARE policies and procedures
· Review and authorise all necessary Project expenditures related to the RRM component of projects
· Ensure that Project expenditure is being coded correctly and consistently (that is allocated to correct budget lines) and that donor funds are used solely for the purposes for which they were granted and in accordance with relevant CARE CO and donor guidelines.
· Working closely with Partnerships Coordinator and finance, review and approve partner expenses and reports
· Ensure regular payment of consultants based on continuous performance management and monitoring
· Check monthly Project financial report for accuracy and appropriateness. Regularly discuss with Finance Manager concerning financial reporting issues, errors, trends, payment delays and related matters.
· Monitor expenditure on a monthly basis against the approved budget. Review expenditure projections to ensure that expenditure stays within budget. Significant actual or anticipated expenditure variances against the budget should be included in the monthly report to line management together with any recommendations for changes to the budget.
· Review and finalize project financial reports to donors
Job Responsibility #3 Personnel Management 10%
|· Develop, define and maintain updated job descriptions for rapid assessment consultants, which clearly delineate the roles and responsibilities of consultants and country office
· Work with line management and Administration Section regarding the recruitment of consultants, ensuring that CARE’s recruitment/procurement procedures policies are followed.
· Ensure that all staff clearly understand their roles and responsibilities. On the basis of their job descriptions monitor staff performance and provide constructive feedback to staff in line with CARE CO Performance management procedures.
· Identify the key skills required by all Project staff to effectively fulfil their designated roles and where necessary suggest or plan staff training to fulfil such needs as well as provide on the job training and coaching/mentoring.
· Ensure that staff participate in the development of project weekly/monthly work plans.
· Work closely with the Partnerships Coordinator to support partners to manage their day-to-day activities and staff performance
· At all times ensure the safety and security of all Project staff in line with CARE COs policies and procedures.
Job Responsibility #4 Program Development 10%
|· Contribute to development of new programs and to preparation of proposals and budgets
Perform other duties as assigned. (5%)
III – Requirements
|· 3-5 years of experience managing humanitarian projects in the field|
|· Ability to identify and implement opportunities for innovation.
· Ability to work within coordination mechanisms and as necessary represent CARE in external meetings
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong understanding of gender issues and experience in integrating these into program practice.
· Ability to work with; support and influence others.
|· Experience working with /through implementing partners
· Experience with remote management
· Ability to develop and foster external organizational relationships and applied representation skills.
· Strong understanding of humanitarian coordination systems
· Experience leading assessments and preparing high quality assessment reports
· Some experience with electronic data collection systems (ie ODK)
· Understanding of northern Syria crisis and context
· Experience writing proposals and developing budgets
· Advanced written and spoken English Language skills.
· Strong facilitation skills, including the design and management of effective trainings, workshops and meetings with diverse participants.
· Strong skills in written communication, including effective report writing
· Strong skills in inter-personal communications, able to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in a complex, multi-actor environment.
· Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work effectively across a wide variety of cultural contexts.
· Strong team player, able to develop and maintain effective working relationships within a distributed and dynamic team.
· Competence with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
|· Strong coaching, training and mentoring skills.
· Gender awareness and commitment to gender equality
· Arabic language skills highly desired.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates please send a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, to the following e-mail address: TURCAREHR@care.org
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
“Due to national quota regulations, this position is open to applications from Turkish citizens only”
“Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidates“
only short listed Candidate will be contact,
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
- Sektör Sivil Toplum