We are looking for 3 highly qualified CM Protection Assistants for our Protection program in Antakya- Hatay, Turkey.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
About the job
The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more specific objectives focusing both on immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. DRC works with beneficiary communities and individuals to prevent and reduce protection threats, and build resilience.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Protection CM Protection Assistant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
General Responsibility (35%)
- Abide by and promote DRC’s code of conduct, vision, and values, aims & objectives and equal opportunities policy
- Engage with beneficiaries on a daily bases in a respectful manner
- Represent the DRC protection team when requestedCoordination and follow-up responsibilities: (40%)
- Understand and follow up on activities, provide solutions and report issues when needed
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships, with relevant stakeholders including community leaders and members and partnering organisations
- Follow DRC Standard Operation Procedures for vulnerability assessment and assistance
- Refer protection cases to relevant partners; including updating relevant databases on referrals and feedback
- Carryout case management/IPA (including follow up on referrals and action plans) in accordance with DRC protocols
- Manage individual protection cases, including maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent
- Update case files on individual developments, following DRC Data management protocols and ensuring beneficiary data is protected;Human resources responsibilities: (5%)
- On the job training and coaching of volunteers on different topics but prioritizing: minimum protection standards, consent and confidentiality standards and how to work with community based protection strategiesFinancial/Administrative responsibilities: (5%)
- Assess procurement needs in coordination with the Officers and Senior Field ManagementMonitoring and Reporting responsibilities: (15%)
- Participate in the post-assistance monitoring
- Prepare and contribute on CM/IPA database on regular basisAbout you
To be successful in this role you must have University degree or advances training/ course in sociology, social work, international affairs, humanitarian or related field is preferred
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in Arabic. English and/or Turkish is preferred.Essential Experiences:
- At least 1 year work experience (in paid or voluntary capacity) in NGO or voluntary sectorPreferred Qualification:
- Experience in working with Case Management
- Trained in offering psychosocial support
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Experience or educational background specializing in Case Management.Required Skills and Competencies
- Experience with case management protocols desirable
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in Turkey and the region
- Experience working in the field (preferably experience from Southern Turkey)
- Understands rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women – experience working with Syrian refugees is an advantage;
- Proven communication, interpersonal, representation, negotiation, promotion and diplomacy skills,
- Level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required.Language Skills:
- Arabic and English essential (Turkish is an asset)Characteristics:
- Ability to work in Turkey (Turkish national or holder of residency/work permit)
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills
- Strong initiative and self-motivation, with a commitment to teamwork
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in Arabic
- Must be able to additionally communicate in either English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 4 months’ contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from September and be willing and able to work in Antakya-Hatay.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 20 August 2017. The interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks after the application close date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR Team at email@example.com.
Please note that applications sent directly to HR Team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Pozisyon Case Management Employee
- Eğitim Seviyesi Doktora, Yüksek Lisans, Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 4-9
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced)