Education Coordinator – Gaziantep
With Fluency in Arabic & English
Position: Education Coordinator – Gaziantep
Base Location: Gaziantep, with frequent field visits in Turkey & Syria.
Reporting To: Senior Program Coordinator
Line Management Responsibilities: Education Officers in Gaziantep and staff in the field,
supervising projects with partners
Contract Duration: Six months with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: April 28th, 2018
To design, plan and manage strategic plans and priorities of the education program at Qatar Charity. Supervise implementation of the education projects in side Syria and with refugees in Turkey ensuring that (i) all the deliverables are achieved in line with the budget plans and time schedules and the regular updates and (ii) Education program strategic priorities are being aligned with the changing scenario in Syria and being updated
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Strategic Program Planning and Designing
- Stay updated on the latest developments by donors and governments regarding education in Syria while ensuring that an effective representation and value addition is contributed on the relevant clusters including protection clusters.
- To perform as the member of strategic programming forum of Gaziantep Office with extra-ordinary proficiency, evidence based programming approach while ensuring high level integrity, transparency and learning for development attitude.
- Devise and adapt the QC strategic priorities in Education Program in view of the on-ground situation analysis, need assessments and research with a good understanding of the approaches of multi and bilateral donors, regional governments and UN agencies
- Lead the Education department staff with a constructive approach, facilitating and grooming them through their performance plans and personal development plans in order to ensure high quality of program designing, implementation, management and learning at levels of program and Project cycle.
- To ensure that INEE standards, CHS standards, other relevant global standards and cross cutting themes of child protection and gender mainstreaming are effectively incorporated in projects designing and are well understood by the staff.
- To develop robust education program quality targets, indicators and tools for the projects and programs in view of the issues and challenges found out in the relevant situation analysis, need assessments and research studies conducted internally or externally.
- To review and reflect the long term and short term education plans, programs and projects on periodic basis, ensuring participation and/or consultation from internal and external stakeholders with a thrust to revise program approaches in view of the continuously changing geo-political scenario and its impact on the education sector for Syrian children both inside and outside Syria.
Projects, Partners and Networking
- To develop understanding of the education projects and programs of Qatar Charity in terms of overall goals, objectives, activities, budget and strategic alignment with the long term strategy.
- To design and conduct need assessments, developing need assessment reports and develop project proposals in consultation of Relief Coordinator
- To develop and maintain effective high level coordination with field teams and relevant staff of partner organizations to ensure that the effective projects and program planning is being done and regularly revised in view of the change of on-ground situations
- To ensure that necessary links are being developed and maintained with the external stakeholders and particularly with the education clusters and the relevant government authorities.
- To share regular project updates, reviews and reports with the line manager and other relevant stakeholders as per the agreed timeline
- To coordinate with the field staff ensuring that all the project related risks are regularly reviewed, re-identified and amicably addressed; regularly updating the management accordingly
- To develop and/or review and verify the work progress and financial progress reports coming from the project staff/partners, ensuring that the compliance with the programs and operational SOPs are maintained and the donor terms and conditions are effectively achieved.
- To timely respond to the feedback shared by the MEAL Department while sharing the rectification measures taken to address the identified gaps. Ensuring that high level of integrity, transparency and quality-sensitive attitude is consistently demonstrated in this process.
- To coordinate with the operations department addressing their feedback on operational compliance issues in project implementation wherever required
- To conduct periodic project reviews with the field teams on weekly, fortnightly and monthly basis and to stay fully up-dated on the project performance and progress while settling the issues as far as possible.
- To stay up-dated on the new need assessments, research reports published from sectoral players, conduct need assessments and contribute in conducting situation analysis as and when required.
- To develop good capacity and become well-conversant on the humanitarian principles, Education in Emergencies principles and other relevant global standards.
- To comply with any other organizational policy, approach, decision or to perform any other task assigned by the line manager.
- Education professional with Bachelor in Education or relevant field
- At least 4 years relevant experience in emergency Education Program Management with a Humanitarian Response organizations.
- Familiarity with the Sustainable Development Goals, humanitarian principles, SPHERE, Do No Harm, and other international standards for emergency work.
- Familiarity with the approaches and strategies of the International Donors in the Education Sector (like 3RP, HRP, HNO).
- Experience in Education assessments, program design, and implementation.
- Excellent Computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Experience in staff supervision, delegation, and capacity building.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, Turkish will be of high advantage,
- QC employees are expected to work in accordance with the Organization’s core values, aims and objectives. They should be sympathetic to the cultural norms of behavior QC believes in.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CVs, a motivation letter and 3 references to: email@example.com by COB April 28th. 2018, mentioning the position they applied for in the email Subject.
Please bear in mind that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. QC will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Pozisyon Case Management Employee
- Eğitim Seviyesi Yüksek Lisans, Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 4-9
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (B1, Level 3, Pre-Intermediate ), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced)