|Base: Bağcılar, Istanbul||Status: Fixed-term|
|Starting date: 1st June 2018|
- Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a humanitarian, impartial and independent non-governmental organisation based in Turkey, facilitating access to health care to populations affected by armed conflicts, internal violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty or exclusion. It seeks to stimulate and enlist voluntary commitment from medical and health care providers, and those with expertise in other fields.
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running projects aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Mental Health & Psychosocial Support and Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation services to the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since the beginning of the Syrian and Iraqi crises, a massive influx of external population movements have taken place through the Turkish border into inside Turkey. Over 3 million refugees, migrants & asylum seekers are currently hosted in Turkey which led to an increasing demand for health services and put a serious burden on the system. A need arose for permanent health facilities to provide services; and hence improve access to the services to a large number of refugees and migrants.
In this context, Dünya Doktorları Derneği’s intervention aims at assisting the local public health system in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul provinces.
- Hierarchical & Functional links
Based at the Bağcılar MHPSS Centre Istanbul, the Project Facility Manager will work under the responsibility of the Field Coordinator.
- Essential Duties
The Facility Manager will be in charge of ensuring project activities and services are implemented in Project Community center according to the plans with the coordination team, including outreach plan and activities. He/she will mainly focus on:
- Representation / Coordination with Field Actors
- Other Duties
- Representation / Coordination with Field Actors
- Representing DDD and the activities implemented in the center to the relevant local authorities and other stakeholders (NGOs or other relevant agencies):
- Participate to meetings in related field to represent DDD and the activities of the center and gather information and updates about any new regulations or updates in related matters for the activities.
- Facilitate visits from authorities and donors (schedule, preparation, reporting), and ensure recommendations are taken into account following theses visits;
- Following the referral system “Service Mapping” with other actors in the field and act as a focal point of DDD and maintain updated records of all the activities with others, also collecting information and propose new possible actor with their services to the administration.
- Participate to the need identification and organize teams to develop continuous monitoring of the needs. Write relevant reports about the findings.
- Define team schedules and work plans in cooperation and under direction of Field Manager and in close technical collaboration with MHPSS officer and Psychiatrist.
- Build a positive and effective team dynamic and communication. Mediate tensions and dispute in a fair and responsible manner.
- Follow-up of day to day activities. Reporting any issues related to activities implementation (facility management, authorities support activities, etc.). Propose new ideas and modalities to improve the project activities.
- Ensure all project services component are implemented and interact with each other in a positive and effective way, for each of the secondary and primary MHPSS level services, the case management orientation and the health promotion service.
- Prepare allocation schedules for translators/interpreters to relevant according to project needs and priorities and available project resources, and update and adjust schedule as needed.
- Prepare allocation schedules for cars according to project needs and priorities and available project resources, update and adjust schedule as needed and coordinate with logistic department.
- Maintaining the map of project activities and updating it accordingly.
- Participate to projects and strategy planning meetings and providing inputs.
- Communicate with Field Manager and coordination team for needs of support and training.
- Coordinating among program staff, logistic and finance teams to ensure adequate logistics arrangements for all shipments and daily activities;
- Maintaining a regular follow-up of funding and procurement needs. Ensure that procurement process and validations are respected (all financial and supporting documents are provided to administrative and logistic officers when needed);
- Maintaining a regular follow-up of HR processes (attendance, leaves, appraisals, briefing, communication with other units and activities, job profiles follow up) in collaboration with admin team;
- Ensure that procurement process and validations are understood and respected by all, in collaboration with logistic department. Be the focal point as requester of logistic procurement demands related to activities and maintenance of project facility;
- Ensure that all consumables, stationary and equipment are sufficient and relevant to the project services and activities;
- Follow the assets of the center and keep an updated record about the situation of each in direct communication with the logistic department and give a clear information in any case of changes.
- In coordination with the Field manager, MHPSS officer, medical focal point and support services, anticipate the organization of punctual activities as needed.
- Maintain update archives for each of the activities and Admin/HR requirements in the clinic in a safe place on a hard copy and soft copy, and make sure that the access of those files is done by authorized people only “e.g. Beneficiaries files”.
- Assist Field Manager, MHPSS Officer and Medical focal point on monthly project activities, facilitate weekly data monitoring reports and manage the team schedule to respect reporting deadlines;
- Contributing to donor reporting related to project activities;
- Any other report requested by Field Manager;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
- Other Duties
- To perform any additional duties requested by the line manager.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Expected profile
- Masters Degree in Psychology, Management, Administration or any related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar position.
- Supply chain management, procurement, warehousing and stock control, and administration skills.
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with local authorities.
- Experience working with NGO is preferred.
Skills and qualities required
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing task.
- Ability to work with a team as well as to work independently.
- Ability to seek, collect, and critically analyses data and information needed to achieve the tasks.
- Clear commitment in the project thematic.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Very enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the program.
- Ability to travel and relocate if it is requested.
- Fluent English and Turkish are required, Arabic are an asset.
- How to apply:
- To apply for the position, please click here.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 1st May 2018
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum