Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Concern has been working in Turkey since August 2013 and currently looking for a Finance Manager (National Post).
Job Title Finance Manager – EUTF (National Post)
Location Sanliurfa, Turkey
Reporting line Finance & Compliance Coordinator
Contract Length Fixed term; 6 months (extendable)
Job Purpose: The Finance Manager will exercise financial oversight for EU Trust Fund (EUTF) project and will participate as a key member of finance team. The Finance Manager will provide leadership in developing tools for successfully administering the grant budget and providing financial analysis of the project performance to inform decision making processes. As a key member of the finance team, the Finance Manager will work with finance staff in Sanliurfa office and technically manage Finance officer in each sub-office. S/he will work closely with the Concern Turkey Finance and Compliance Coordinator to submit accurate reports in line with Donor and HQ-Dublin requirements. The Finance Manager will report to the Finance and Compliance Coordinator. This is a national post and candidates should have the right to work in Turkey at the time of application.
- Finance Management:
- Coordinate the financial aspects of the grant funded by (EUTF).
- Remote financial management of sub-offices and ensure strong internal controls are documented and implemented.
- Ensure adherence with donor requirements and timelines, and timely submission of reports.
- Ensure that financial management systems and records related to the grant are effective and robust in order to identify and protect the assets and interests of all stakeholders.
- Coordinate cash flows, reporting, financial plans and amendments related to the grant throughout the project life.
- Review and monitor budgets to support financial stability, efficiency and value for money.
- Coordinate professional and personal development of finance staff thorough induction, on-the-job coaching, identification of learning and development needs and opportunities and preparation for succession.
- Maintain all records in hard and in soft related to the grant in accordance with Donor, Concern and Turkish National law requirements.
- Maintain an adequate filing system for all financial and accounting deliverables to ensure ease of access during internal/external audit.
- Monitor budget burn rates and recommend appropriate action on any significant variance and preparing budget amendments, if needed.
- Facilitate Donor Verification Audit for the grant related expenses.
- Financial Reporting:
- Reviewing of financial reports received from sub-offices before posting into FMS (GP).
- Assist in consolidating financial reports, fund requests and budgets in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all financial records and accounts are compiled on time, accurately and in line with international accounting standards and donor regulations.
- Support in finalizing year-end accounts and assist in providing any ad-hoc year reports that may be required.
- Providing support in generating Management Accounts for the grant and coordinating the MA with area managers. Identifying and significant deviation from their allotted budget and raising an issues of non-compliance.
- Follow up on timely implementation of the recommendations to remedy significant variances.
- Generating donor financial reports required at various stages of the project period.
- Capacity Building:
- Undertake periodic visits to sub-offices to monitor performance of FOs and provide on-job training while frequently be in contact for live support.
- Facilitate training on donor guidelines, grants management and internal controls to all BHs, logistics, admin and HR department both in Country office and Sub-offices and train all to ensure compliance.
- Ensure internal audit recommendations for grant funded project are adhered and track lesson learned.
- Organize for Peer reviews amongst the finance personnel of the sub agreement partner agencies and draw lessons learnt to improve financial oversight.
- Team Management:
- Provide on-the-job training to Finance Officers. Provide training and support to finance staff those working on specific projects through formal and informal training. Liaise closely with other managers to ensure fulfilment of project goals.
- To support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner organisations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
- To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme
- Other tasks: Other tasks as required by Finance & Compliance Coordinator and Country Financial Controller.
- Minimum of Bachelors in finance management with proven capacity and skills in financial management and accounting
- A minimum of three years’ experience in financial
- Demonstrated evidence of capability in designing, implementing and monitoring systems of financial management, controls and accounting systems
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Experience of and well developed skills in staff management, supervision and capacity building
- Computer literate (i.e. WORD, advanced Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems).
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities
- Strong understanding of Government of Turkey regulations on accounting, taxation and social security
- Willingness to travel within Turkey and internationally.
- Master’s degree and/or professional qualification in finance management
- Experience in humanitarian sector, especially with EC grant on ERP accounting system
- Fluency in English and Turkish or Arabic.
CONCERN STAFF CODE OF CONDUCT AND PROGRAMME PARTICIPANT PROTECTION POLICY
Concern has a Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct which has been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, especially beneficiaries, from abuse and exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, partner organisations, and anyone engaged by Concern or visiting our programmes, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context all Concern staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct of their work in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions in this document.
Any breach of Concern Staff Code of Conduct or the Programme Participant Protection Policy by employees of Concern Worldwide during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including dismissal.
If you feel that your qualifications and experience match our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values, please send both a covering letter and an up-to-date CV to: email@example.com
Please note, both CV and cover letter should be in English and the role you are applying for set out clearly in the email subject-header
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
Please detail the position applied for in the email subject-header
Application Closing Date: 31st Dec 2018
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Yönetici
- Pozisyon Finans Yöneticisi
- Eğitim Seviyesi Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 4-9
- Yabancı Dil İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arapça (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)