Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) Officer – Gaziantep
With Fluency in Arabic & English
Position: FSL Officer
Base Location: Gaziantep
Reporting To: Senior Program Coordinator
Contract Duration: One year with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: January 26th, 2018
About Qatar Charity: Qatar Charity (QC) is a non-governmental organization working in both relief and development. With a considerable regional capacity, QC is a leading humanitarian organization in the Middle East region committed to transforming adversity into revival for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By working with beneficiaries and communities, QC is keen to develop the links and continuum between relief activities and long term community development projects.
In the performance of its activities in cooperation with different humanitarian and development partners, Qatar Charity is committed to the principles of partnership such as equality, transparency, responsibility, and integration. QC is also committed to the fundamental humanitarian principles of independence, neutrality and impartiality.
For the last three decades, Qatar Charity has achieved both consistent and considerable growth in terms of its operations and institutionalization and is currently working in more than 70 countries across the world, with field offices in 32 countries.
QC has a membership of the United Nations Economic and Social Council Since 1997; and is a member of various fora and networks the recent being the START Network. QC is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs since 2009.
To plan and supervise implementation of the FSL projects in side Syria and with refugees in Turkey ensuring that (i) all the deliverables are achieved in line with the budget plans and time schedules and the regular updates and (ii) FSL program strategic priorities are being aligned with the changing scenario in Syria and being updated
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Strategic Program Planning and Designing
- Stay updated on the latest developments by donors and governments regarding Food Security and Livelihood in Syria while ensuring that an effective representation and value addition is contributed on the relevant clusters.
- To perform as the member of strategic programming forum of Gaziantep Office with extra-ordinary proficiency, evidence based programming approach while ensuring high level integrity, transparency and learning for development attitude.
- Devise and adapt the QC strategic priorities in Food Security and Livelihood Program in view of the on-ground situation analysis, need assessments and research with a good understanding of the approaches of multi and bilateral donors, regional governments and UN agencies
- Lead the FSL department staff with a constructive approach, facilitating and grooming them through their performance plans and personal development plans in order to ensure high quality of program designing, implementation, management and learning at levels of program and Project cycle.
- To ensure that CHS standards, LEGS standards (as and where applicable), other relevant global standards and cross cutting themes of child protection and gender mainstreaming are effectively incorporated in projects designing and are well understood by the staff.
- To develop robust FSL program quality targets, indicators and tools for the projects and programs in view of the issues and challenges found out in the relevant situation analysis, need assessments and research studies conducted internally or externally.
- To review and reflect the long term and short term FSL plans, programs and projects on periodic basis, ensuring participation and/or consultation from internal and external stakeholders with a thrust to revise programs approaches in view of the continuously changing geo-political scenario and its impact on the FSL sector for Syrian children, youth, men and women both inside and outside Syria.
Projects, Partners and Networking
- To develop understanding of the FSL projects and programs of Qatar Charity in terms of overall goals, objectives, activities, budget and strategic alignment with the long term strategy.
- To design and conduct need assessments, developing need assessment reports and develop project proposals in consultation of Relief Officer
- To develop and maintain effective high level coordination with field teams and relevant staff of partner organizations to ensure that the effective projects and program planning is being done and regularly revised in view of the change of on-ground situations
- To ensure that necessary links are being developed and maintained with the external stakeholders and particularly with the FSL or other relevant clusters and the relevant government authorities.
- To share regular project updates, reviews and reports with the line manager and other relevant stakeholders as per the agreed timeline
- To coordinate with the field staff ensuring that all the project related risks are regularly reviewed, re-identified and amicably addressed; regularly updating the management accordingly
- To develop and/or review and verify the work progress and financial progress reports coming from the project staff/partners, ensuring that the compliance with the programs and operational SOPs are maintained and the donor terms and conditions are effectively achieved.
- To timely respond to the feedback shared by the MEAL Department while sharing the rectification measures taken to address the identified gaps. Ensuring that high level of integrity, transparency and quality-sensitive attitude is consistently demonstrated in this process.
- To coordinate with the operations department addressing their feedback on operational compliance issues in project implementation wherever required
- To conduct periodic project reviews with the field teams on weekly, fortnightly and monthly basis and to stay fully up-dated on the project performance and progress while settling the issues as far as possible.
- To stay up-dated on the new need assessments, research reports published from sectoral players, conduct need assessments and contribute in conducting situation analysis as and when required.
- To develop good capacity and become well-conversant on the humanitarian principles, CHS standards and other relevant global standards.
- To comply with any other organizational policy, approach, decision or to perform any other task assigned by the line manager.
- You should have a degree in Agriculture, development or any other relevant field along with a relevant experience of 3-4 years is required.
- Project planning and management experience of 2 years.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Arabic is essential; Turkish will be of high advantage
- QC employees are expected to work in accordance with the Organization’s core values, aims and objectives. They should be sympathetic to the cultural norms of behavior QC believes in.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs and a motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by COB January 26th, 2018, mentioning the position they applied for in the email title. Please bear in mind that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. QC will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf.
No phone calls are accepted. We are equal opportunity employer.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Pozisyon Proje Sorumlusu
- Eğitim Seviyesi Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 1-3, 4-9
- Yabancı Dil İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate), Arapça (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)