Terms of Reference
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, nonprofit making, international organization with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. Over the past 25 years, PIN has managed projects in 55 countries, providing relief aid and development assistance, implementing social integration programs, and increasing public awareness on global development issues. PIN currently provides assistance in 15 countries with over 700 staff worldwide.
The Food Security Programme Assistant will be based in the Gaziantep, Turkey PIN office and will be supervised by the Gaziantep based FS Programme Manager for PIN’s North West Syria Response Mission.
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Starting date: 1 December 2017
Working Hours: Full time
Duration: 9 month with a possibility of extension
The Primary tasks of the FS Programme Assistant will be:
- Supporting Food Security Programme Manager (FS PM) with the day-to-day management and supervision of the FS Programme in Syria
- Assist the FS Programme Manager with collecting and compiling and preparing planning and reporting documents for internal and external use (3Ws, internal reporting, cluster reporting, donor reporting, )
- Manage the receipt, logging, and proper filing of programme documentation by location / donor within the FSL
- Assist the FS PM in preparing procurement dossiers, contracts, payment plans, and necessary approvals
- Provide support for verifying and cross checking hard copies and electronic copies of key programme documentation in liaison with M&E, Logistics and Finance Teams
- Assist the FS PM in compilation of project information, the preparation of data reporting and distribution planning
- Acting as the focal point for liaison between the PIN Turkey and Syria offices on matters regarding the FS Programme
- Upon FS PM request, active participation at meetings, trainings and workshops relevant to the FS programme
- Perform all other programmatic tasks deemed necessary for the smooth running of the FS Programme with the direction of the FSL Management
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Degree in Development Studies, International Relations, Social Studies, Political Science, or related
- Experience working in the NGO sector desirable
- Experience of working in a multicultural work environment desirable;
- Strong critical analysis and problem solving skills;
- Good computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- English language skills are essential, Arabic and Turkish language skills are desirable
- Turkish nationality is preferred, residency for foreigners is
- Possibility to gain interesting working experience within a professional, internationally recognized NGO;
- Possibility for professional development by means of trainings led by PIN staff and external experts. Monthly salary as per PIN salary
- 24 days of paid leave per calendar year.
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall submit their CV and cover letter, in English, to email@example.com no later than midnight on November 23rd 2017.
Please mention the position title for which you are applying in the subject line of the email. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency of the position, suitable candidates may be selected prior to the application deadline.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum