Duties and Responsibilities
Position Summary: The Grants Coordinator acts as the facilitator for grants management processes and ensures compliance with donor requirements at pre and post-award processes. His/her responsibilities are coordinating proposal development processes, supporting program and finance units for timely and quality reporting, facilitating grant opening and closeout processes, informing the program and support teams on donor rules and regulations, maintaining grants related information and files. Reporting to the Finance and Grants Manager, the Grants Coordinator will serve as the focal point for grants management.
- Search grants opportunities and identify funding resources for in accordance with YUVA strategic planning
- Coordinate proposal preparation processes of designing, writing, editing new proposals in coordination with the program managers and program director.
- Coordinate budget development of project budgets with Finance and Program Departments
- Organize and coordinate grant opening, follow up and closing meetings, disseminating grants/proposal documents, and responding to information requests from the field and from other partners.
- Ensure that all YUVA grants are implemented in compliance with the relevant donor regulations and that all grant related information is fully available to senior management.
- Compile and edit narrative and finance donor reports and liaise with the Finance and Program Department to ensure that both narrative and finance reports are accurately submitted and on time.
- Review and file grants contract, update regularly grants database and develop grants & reports tracker to share with Senior Management
- Ensure that spending and activity plans are created by coordinators and managers
- Work with finance to develop and review budgets, and where necessary develop budget realignments.
- Assist program, finance and operations teams with preparations for audits.
- Follow up capacity assessment process with partners and coordinate for sub-grantees
- Organize grants meetings with national and international donors, including corporations and governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Write or review donor communications such as responding to requests for information and assist with donor visits.
- Assist with program monitoring and evaluation and compiling achievements and lessons learnt.
- Take and compile minutes of senior management meetings and all grant related meetings. Distribute and archive accordingly.
- Conduct trainings for field staff as needed on grants management and compliance, reporting, filing, monitoring, evaluation and program cycle management.
- Perform other duties as required by the Finance & Grants Manager.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. university degree or equivalent) from an accredited institution in a relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a business development role, preferably with an NGO
Skills and Competences
- Strong proposal writing and budgeting skills,
- Perfect Turkish;
- Fluency in English;
- IT proficiency;
- Ability to prioritize high volumes of work to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to travel;
- Team membership;
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written;
- Adherence to YUVA’s values (http://www.yuva.org.tr/en/degerlerimiz/).
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Eğitim Seviyesi Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 4-9
- Yabancı Dil İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)