Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The 3-years EU-funded project “Supporting Turkey’s Efforts to Manage Migration” aims to support institutional and legal reform of migration management of Turkey via the following specific objectives:
1. Reinforcement of migration management legislative and administrative capacity in compliance with EU standards and the national legal framework.
2. Strengthening the institutional capacities at local, central and international level to implement the LFIP and enhancing inter-institutional cooperation in migration management.
3. Enhancement of human rights driven dialogue and cooperation with key countries of origin, transit and destination to improve understanding of migratory patterns and challenges.
The main beneficiary of the project is Ministry of Interior, Directorate General of Migration Management (DGMM). Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting and assisting the achievement of the objectives and results of the DGMM Migration Resource Center (MRC)-related activities of the Migration Management (MM) project. During the project implementation, the incumbent will be located at DGMM Ankara premises.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide support to DGMM in preparing and developing necessary layouts/designs of all written, printed and electronical materials in the framework of the project.
2. Assist DGMM in developing and upgrading visibility of the MRC websites.
3. Convert hand drawings to technical drawings when needed.
4. Prepare user-friendly designs.
5. Prepare and develop written, printed, electronic materials for the promotion of the service.
6. Make ready pre-print preparations and follow up printing process.
7. Develop new ideas by carrying out researches within the scope of continuous improvement.
8. Perform any other tasks assigned by the organization.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University/Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Visual Communication Design, Graphic Design, or relevant fields.
• Preferably Master degree in Fine Arts, Visual Communication Design, Graphic Design, or relevant fields.
• At least 3 years of professional experience in the graphic design or related area(s).
• Be familiar with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, After Effect, CorelDraw and other relevant programmes.
• Be familiar with Microsoft Office.
• Have knowledge about printing preparation and printing techniques.
• Have strong ability in design and visual analysis.
• Familiarity with video preparations and montage programmes will be an asset.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
• To be able to show portfolio of the last projects as reference.
• Male candidates are required to have completed or to be exempted from compulsory military service.
• Fluency in Turkish is required.
• Fluency in English is an asset.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 29 March 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 4-9
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)