General Description of the Program
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
General Description of the Role
The HR officer will be mainly focusing on developing and implementing policies relating to the effectiveness of performance management, training and staff development, providing assistance to the HR manager and GOAL lawyers on legal issues, and to the senior recruiter on recruitment. The post holder will also be the key focal point for payroll, contracts, Ethics & Compliance policies and ensure GOAL policies are followed and implemented.
- Advice staff on day to day interpretation and implementation of HR policies
- Provide support in drafting local HR policies under GOAL global guidelines
- Ensure all HR policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Support HR manager with organising, recording, following up and liaising with lawyers, authorities and staff on permit issues (residence/work permits).
- Provide support to the senior recruiter on the recruitment process when required.
- Support in advertising, receiving applications, short-listing, scheduling interviews.
- Ensure all staff have up to date contracts, extensions, and change of statuses in adherence to personnel policies
- Ensure all staff whose contracts are not going to be renewed are informed at least one month prior to the end of their current contract.
- Preparation of payroll by ensuring accuracy & consistency.
Training and Staff Development
- Adapt global training guidelines to Syria context and develop a comprehensive training procedure
- Roll out training on training guidelines
- Facilitate logistic support for internal and external training
- Manage the training requests, create & maintain training files, databases
- Work with management to develop annual training plan, reviewing plan on a quarterly basis
- Assist in identifying suitable training providers and training platforms as required, and develop list of training resources
- Provide support and advice to managers on performance management, ensuring that issues are dealt with in a fair and consistent manner,
- Liaise with all line managers to ensure performance appraisals are being conducted regularly and appropriately,
- Monitor the training identified during appraisals and record all training completed,
- Provide reports to the HR &Training Manager, on a regular basis.
- Analyses individual and organisation development needs
- Ongoing search of external development operation
- Participate in the development need assessment
- Implement and manage the HR System (HRIS)
- Ensure a high standard filling system
- Ensure time sheets are properly prepared and accurate.
- Provide reports to the HR manager on a regular basis to agreed format.
- Maintain leave plan for all local staff and update monthly
- In consultation with line managers, ensure that there is cover for staff going on leave
- Keep paper and soft copies of all approved leave requests.
- Network with the HR Officers from other NGOs to keep informed of HR-related issues.
- Ensure HR Manager is informed about any HR issues which could impact on security or be detrimental to programme activities.
- Any other duties as required
Requirements (Person Specification)
- Turkish Citizenship
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management and/or Business Administration or any other relevant major.
- At least 3 years of experience in Human resources, administration, or a similar role. Experience in working with INGO an advantage.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Fluent Turkish and English Language skills both written and spoken, knowledge of Arabic an advantage.
- Diplomatic with a strong communication skills
- Team player
- Computer literate
- Creative and open to learning.
If you would like to apply for the above position, please click on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 7 March 2018.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these and other relevant GOAL policies.
Any job offer made is also subject to background checks. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Eğitim Seviyesi Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 1-3
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arapça (B2, Level 4, Intermediate )