International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation-IBC is looking for Translator to Cash for its Work (CFW) Project according to following qualifications.
International Blue Crescent Relief and Development Foundation – IBC is an emerging NGO founded to help alleviate human suffering, illiteracy among all people regardless of nationality, ethnicity, race, color, genetic or physical features, social origin, religion, belief, language, political opinion, gender, age and sexual orientation. IBC acts with impartiality in the belief that people are created equal and have the right to dignity, proper sheltering, food, healthcare, education and proper standards of living. The organization has since then been supporting vulnerable and marginalized groups such as refugees, IDPs, people with disabilities and children. (For more information www.ibc.org.tr)
- Translate from English to Arabic / from Arabic to English / from Turkish to Arabic / from Arabic to Turkish the work plans, brochures and other relevant documents received from project responsible;
- Provide oral translation to program staff during cash for work activities and/or meetings, training and all other project related activities;
- Translate and summarize Arabic documents in English and Turkish and present findings to project responsible;
- Joining site activities with beneficiaries and project team.
- University degree in a relevant field
- 2 years experience (professional / volunteer) in humanitarian field is an asset
- Experience in translation
- Intercultural skills
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Turkish languages.
In this position, candidates are expected to demonstrate competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values
Position Place: Konya
Job Duration: 9 Months, Full Time
Number of Recruitments: 1
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English, one page CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20.11.2017. Please, make sure to put the Job Title in the subject section, otherwise the application will not be considered. The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for interview. Applications by phone will not be accepted.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate), Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced)