Support to Life (STL) is an independent humanitarian agency working in the field of disaster risk reduction, disaster preparedness, and emergency response in Turkey and the surrounding region. With an emphasis on community participation, STL works at a grassroots level to build local capacity, mitigate the risks and impact of disasters, and support those in need in meeting their basic needs and rights.
In line with its mandate STL currently has the following main activities:
- Refugee Support: The goal of STL’s work in the area of refugee support is to help Syrian refugees in the region who are either unable or unwilling to settle in refugee camps meet their basic needs and rights. STL is providing direct support through psychosocial services in its Community Centres, and enables access to services with its Case Management teams.
- Child Protection: STL has been working with at-risk children, sensitizing farmers and raising awareness among the public in an effort to contribute to eliminating child labour in Turkey, especially in the context of seasonal migratory agricultural work. As the inflow of Syrian refugees aggravated child labour in Turkey and child work became a prevalent negative coping strategy, STL extended its child protection activities to include refugee families.
- Emergency Response: In disaster situations, STL provides relief aid to disaster-struck communities through in-kind and cash-based support for food and non-food items, winterisation aid, as well as improving the conditions of shelter and addressing water, sanitation and hygiene needs.
- Strengthening Civil Society and Networking: STL brings together key civil society actors with the aim of creating the local capacity needed for effective disaster management in Turkey. In order to create positive change, STL publishes and disseminates reports, engages in capacity building activities through trainings, working group meetings and exposure visits. STL also pursues active coordination and advocacy campaigns with government and civil society actors.
Hayata Destek is looking for IM Expert to work in İstanbul HQ Office.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Working with the MEAL Manager and Program Managers to assist in the design and implementation of a comprehensive database fulfilling the M&E system requirements of STL,
- Doing business analysis, interface designs, coding and testing throughout the development and further improvement of MEAL Database software,
- Maintaining the software systems, by keeping the systems up and running and carrying out such routines as backup and recovery,
- Training MEAL staff and end-users to ensure proper use of the MEAL database and related technologies to manage data effectively,
- Carrying out troubleshooting as needed for the MEAL database,
- Consolidating collected data and report in a concise and organized manner to the MEAL, particularly Community Feedback and Complaint Mechanism reports,
- Generating regular and ad-hoc reports in coordination with the MEAL Manager and other Program managers when needed,
- Ensuring that the database and all data storage comply with STL’s requirements, and update them if required,
- Maintaining coordination with Information and Communication Technology related staff and vendors for data protection.
- University degree in software engineering, information systems or related field,
- A minimum of three years of experience in information management,
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of Arabic is desirable,
- Demonstrated knowledge in database design,
- Ability to work with and visualize large data sets
STL is an equal opportunities employer. STL is committed to provide and maintain a comprehensive child protection perspective in all its operational and administrative processes.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
“Under the Security of Personel Information Law that is published on The Official Gazette of Republic of Turkey on 07.04.2016, no 29677;
By applying for this advertisement, you agree that your resume and any personal information in it may be shared with Hayata Destek Derneği”
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Pozisyon BT Uzmanı
- Eğitim Seviyesi Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 4-9
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)