Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Concern has been working in Turkey since August 2013 and currently looking for an Information Management Assistant (National Post).
Job Title Information Management Assistant (National Post)
Location Sanliurfa, Turkey
Reporting line Information Management Officer
Contract Length Fixed term; 6 months (extendable)
The Information Management Assistant will be responsible for the information management of all projects implemented by Concern in Turkey.
The job holder will be performing her/his responsibility from the Urfa office
- Managing information relating to all Concern projects in Turkey
- Developing high quality assessment, monitoring, evaluation and program implementation tools prioritizing functionality for program implementation teams in Turkey using iFormBuilder, Kobo and Zoho reports as required
- Keeping track of the monitoring, information management and assessment needs of Turkey programs, ensuring data collected is comprehensive and relevant
- Ensuring cleaning and analysis of all data received regarding Turkey programmes, continuously strengthening an understanding of the programme use of data
- Continuous improvement of technological use in programme implementation designed to improve quality of programmes
- Liaise and coordinate with third party Information Management staff involved in the implementation of projects, including supporting Concern’s partner organisations to strengthen their information management capacity
- Train data collection teams on technical and conceptual issues to ensure the data collected is done in the correct way, of high quality and representative of what it was intended to measure
- To support all departments and the field team on data management and collection as required
- To work as part of a team; providing support where necessary in other administrative or MEAL tasks
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct
- University education with a focus on IT, statistics or informatics engineering
- Ability to use MS Office programs, specifically Excel and Access
- Experience in using iFormBuilder, CommCare and Kobo
- English and Arabic/Turkish highly advantageous
- Ability to use Power BI
- Ability to use map application such as(QGIS, ArcGIS)
- Previous experience in a humanitarian organization, with strong practical understanding of programme implementation or M&E
- Database Design using any application such as (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle)
Special Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirements:
- Willingness to be flexible and work long hours when required
- Good organizational skills and ability to remain calm and work well under pressure
- Willingness to learn and to take on extra duties as required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to beneficiary accountability and humanitarian ethics
CONCERN STAFF CODE OF CONDUCT AND PROGRAMME PARTICIPANT PROTECTION POLICY
Concern has a Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct which has been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, especially beneficiaries, from abuse and exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, partner organisations, and anyone engaged by Concern or visiting our programmes, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context all Concern staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct of their work in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions in this document.
Any breach of Concern Staff Code of Conduct or the Programme Participant Protection Policy by employees of Concern Worldwide during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including dismissal.
If you feel that your qualifications and experience match our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values, please send both a covering letter and an up-to-date CV to: email@example.com
Please note, both CV and cover letter should be in English and the role you are applying for set out clearly in the email subject-header
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
Please detail the position applied for in the email subject-header
Application Closing Date: 28.04.2018
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Pozisyon Proje Asistanı
- Eğitim Seviyesi Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 1-3
- Yabancı Dil İngilizce (B2, Level 4, Intermediate ), Arapça (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)