RECRUITMENT FOR TURKEY
“Doctors Worldwide Turkey is looking for Logistics and Procurement Assistant for WHO supported Project for Migrant health Training Center in İstanbul.”
Doctors Worldwide Turkey is an international humanitarian aid organization who serves medical relief to communities in need through the provision of sustainable medical relief and health based development programs over 40 countries worldwide.
With support of world Health Organization, Doctors Worldwide Turkey (DWWT) provides support for preparing Syrian doctors and nurses to work within the Turkish medical system in Istanbul in a partnership with the Ministry of Health-Turkey
Procurement/Logistics Assistant is responsible of overall logistics and procurement management of the project.
- TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to manage day to day logistics and procurement issues of the Project in and outside the project site.
- Contracts, rent payments, utilities and facilities management.
- Establishment of logistics systems according to DWWT policies, procedures and guidelines, training staff and ensuring logistics policies and procedures.
- In coordination with Field Coordinator, manage petty cash advance for Istanbul coordination office.
- Forecast monthly expenditure of the base and coordinate with Field Coordinator and receive cash for the base.
- Implement and maintain DWWT procurement procedures for Istanbul Base, with records kept for a full audit trail standard under both DWWT and donor regulations.
- With appropriate authorization, execute the purchase of appropriate supplies and arrange delivery in a timely and cost effective manner for logistics hubs.
- Liaise and coordinate with the relevant functions regarding delivery of supplies and keep all parties informed of any changes in a timely manner.
- Liaise with inspection agents to ensure quality control and conformity with required specification
- Through extensive travel and market investigation ensure that all purchased goods are of the DWWT standard and fit for the purpose, and have appropriate inspection certificates as required.
- Liaise with international, governmental and non-governmental organizations and collaborate where appropriate.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with field logistics and all relevant departments regarding the requisition, follow up and delivery of goods and keep all parties fully informed of any changes.
Vehicles and Transportation
- Ensure all DWWT vehicles contract are prepared and renew in a timely.
- Ensure to maintain fuel consumption follow up of the vehicles.
- Ensure a regular vehicle maintenance follow up implementation.
- Support the supply team in organising transport to different locations needed.
- Supervise drivers by ensuring drivers are performing according to their job and tasks and performance evaluation is available on quarterly basis.
Warehousing and stock control
- Maintain warehouse and stock for the project.
- Coordinate with partners for the supplies deliveries.
External Communication / Representation
- Participate to the meetings requested by the Field Coordinator Partners.
- Share meetings minutes with Field coordinator.
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 2 years’ experience in logistics.
- Experience with project start-up.
- Supply chain management, procurement, warehousing and stock control, and administration
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well
with local authorities.
- Strong managerial skills; able to delegate and follow-up on tasks to effectively manage a
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing, prioritizing a high workload and multiple
tasks with tight deadlines.
- Flexible and able to easily adapt to different environments
- Fluency in Turkish and English required, Arabic is an asset.
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office (especially excel).
- CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Duration: Until 31th December 2017
Contract: Employee – Fixed Term
Location: İstanbul (may require frequent travel)
- PROCESS OF APPLICATION
- Send your application file (CV, motivation letter) to email:
- Precise to what position you apply in the Subject of e-mail.
- Only short list candidates will be called for an interview.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Yabancı Dil İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)