We are looking for a highly qualified Market Mapping and Analysis Officers for our program in Antakya- Hatay, Turkey.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
About the job
DRC’s livelihoods programming aims to build the capacities and assets of vulnerable Syrian and host community individuals to enhance their social and economic self-reliance. Programme activities include; counselling, provision of transferrable skills, vocational skills training, job referrals and/or provision of home-based small business grants.
The Market Mapping and Analysis Officer is part of DRC Market Mapping and Analysis Unit, which operates at national level with regular interactions with and travels to all field bases. The Market Mapping and Analysis Officer plays a key role in gathering market intelligence, analysing market trends, and identifying key partnerships to improve the relevance, impact and sustainability of DRC Turkey livelihoods programming
Duties and Responsibilities
The Market Mapping and Analysis Officers will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct and document regular / ongoing market research to contribute to the design and implementation of market-based livelihoods programming
- Develop and maintain a mapping of key stakeholders and service providers relevant to livelihoods programming, including – but not limited to – private institutes, school, vocational training centers, civil society initiatives, private sector companies, at national level
- Provide timely and relevant market information to all departments to ensure all livelihoods activities (e.g. skills development, business start-ups, etc.) respond to identified market demand and needs by drafting reports, collecting statistics and data from relevant stakeholders
- Facilitate linkages between stakeholders at national level and at local level in coordination with the different field offices
- Collect and disseminate up-to-date information on the regulations relating to employment and self-employment applicable to target beneficiaries
- Represent DRC with livelihoods / market analysis staff from other national and international organisations
- Engage with DRC MENA private sector task force to define and refine private sector engagement strategy
- Promote strong link between DRC livelihood beneficiaries, protection activities/community centres, and service providers
- Support the organization of trainings and other events related to the projectAccess to employment
- Advise on relevance of trainings based on an analysis of marketable skills
- Advise on training curricula to ensure they enable the development of marketable skills
- Identify and engage with medium and large companies and public sector institutions that are interested in hiring target beneficiaries
- Promote DRC StepUp to SMEs, industrial zones, Chamber of Commerce and relevant stakeholders in governorates in which job opportunities are identified
- Facilitate the participation of beneficiaries in job fairsBusiness development / self-employment
- Provide oversight of the productive asset and small business development support to ensure training, coaching and follow-up activities are informed by relevant and up-to-date market information
- Liaise with the Business Incubator Manager to provide information about market dynamics, trends and demand
- Facilitate the participation of beneficiaries in product fairs
- In close cooperation with Producer Liaison Officer, provide market integration support, linking beneficiaries to end-markets (including through the platform Buy4Impact) where they can sell their productionEngagement with implementing partner
- Provide remote technical support to Market Mapping and Analysis Assistants in all field bases
- Visit all field bases at least every two months to be able to develop and implement an integrated approach to market integration, linking the local level actors to the national actors.
- Organize tailored trainings with the implementing partners’ staffMonitoring & Evaluation
- Field visits to monitor and evaluate the relevance of livelihoods activities to market demand, along with the M&E team
- Participate in the internal evaluation of the programOther
- Complete any additional tasks identified by Supervisor
To be successful in this role you must have Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration, economics, supply chain, entrepreneurship, and/or other relevant fields or equivelant experience in marker/business development, value and supply chain etc. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience with a humanitarian aid organization in similar role is an asset
- Strong knowledge and understanding of market dynamicsEssential Experiences:
- Experience in implementing market-based approaches
- Experience working in the field (preferably experience from southern Turkey)Preferred Qualification:
- High-level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.Preferred Experience:
- Experience with the Private sector
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in Turkey and the region
- Experience working with Syrian refugeesRequired Skills and Competencies
- Very strong research skills and analytical skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Capacity to work independently
- Ability to engage with a wide range of actors operating in different sectors and environments
- Capacity to create linkages and positive exchanges between different geographic areas
- Strong initiative and self-motivation, with a commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn from othersLanguage Skills:
- Fluency in English (excellent writing skills); and either Arabic or Turkish, both written and verbal.
- Strong link to market systems
- Strong focus on market research and analysis
- Extensive exchanges with external actors from the private and public sectors
- Strong collaboration with DRC Staff and Partners’ Livelihood Officers, Assistants and trainers/facilitators in all field locations
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 1-year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work ASAP and be willing and able to work in Antakya-Hatay.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 20.08.2018, DRC has right to close the advertisement before mentioned closing that in case of finding a suitable candidate for the position. The interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks after the application close date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to HR Team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Pozisyon Proje Sorumlusu
- Eğitim Seviyesi Yüksek Lisans, Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 4-9
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced)