Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The 3-years EU-funded project “Supporting Turkey’s Efforts to Manage Migration” aims to support institutional and legal reform of migration management of Turkey via the following specific objectives:
1. Reinforcement of migration management legislative and administrative capacity in compliance with EU standards and the national legal framework.
2. Strengthening the institutional capacities at local, central and international level to implement the LFIP and enhancing inter-institutional cooperation in migration management.
3. Enhancement of human rights driven dialogue and cooperation with key countries of origin, transit and destination to improve understanding of migratory patterns and challenges.
The main beneficiary of the project is Ministry of Interior, Directorate General of Migration Management (DGMM). Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting and assisting the achievement of the objectives and results of the DGMM Migration Resource Center (MRC)-related activities of the Migration Management (MM) project. During the project implementation, the incumbent will be located in DGMM Ankara premises.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and draft thematic area(s) relevant contents.
2. Draft and plan contents of visual and communication materials to be shared in the corporate web sites, in particular MRC website.
3. Propose and draft new concepts of the shares for social media content.
4. Conceptualize, develop and package unique smoothly run texts, ideas and media projects in line with the agenda and specified categories.
5. Develop new ideas by carrying out researches within the scope of continuous improvement.
6. Develop videos and visual materials shared in social media.
7. Conduct qualitative and quantitative researches of migration related public campaigns to have in-depth knowledge of the behavior of the target group.
8. Provide regular news streaming.
9. Optimize content following search engine optimization (SEO).
10. Maintain up-to-date files and records of project documentation.
11. Provide necessary assistance in collaboration and communication with other stakeholders of the activities.
12. Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University/Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communication, journalism or literature
• Preferably Master degree in social sciences
• Minimum 3 years of work experience in doing communications and media work
• At least 2 years of experience in doing communications and media work
• Experience in policy advocacy, communication, awareness raising campaigns, writing news stories
• Proven ability to design effective communication products, lead formulation of communication messages and strategies
• Proven experience of photography and videography skills, MS office application (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and desktop publishing software, SEO, knowledge and skill in graphic design a plus.
• Experience in designing publications, developing promotional materials including photo shop, info graphics etc.
• Familiarity with using social media networks
• Willingness to assume duties and responsibilities in all communications
• Demonstrated capacity to undertake assigned responsibilities and work under pressure
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills in Turkish and fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 28 March 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 4-9
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)