Location: Turkey, Ankara
Starting date: June 2018
Period of implementation: 12 months
Expertise France is a French public agency under the tutelage of the French Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Economy and Finance with a strong inter-ministerial vocation. Expertise France offers project engineering and technical assistance by developing and implementing international cooperation actions worldwide. The agency operates in various fields of development and institutional cooperation including safety and security reform, post-crisis/ stability, public health, human rights, strengthening of institutions and NGOs and governance. Carrying out large-scale, multi-stakeholder projects, Expertise France can ensure the cooperation between individuals, teams and institutions with very different statuses, cultures and specialties. Besides, Expertise France has acquired a sound experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale international projects and is accredited by the European Union for the management of delegated Community funds.
The Middle East is currently experiencing a profound crisis. The conflicts in Syria and Iraq are both a reflection and a transmitter of this crisis, with growing potential to further destabilise neighbouring countries and the wider region. These crises have resulted in a humanitarian disaster affecting more than 13.5 million people who were forced to flee their homes from Syria, and more than 17 million people in need of humanitarian aid (12.2 in Syria and 5.2 in Iraq).
The programme “Qudra – Resilience for Syrian refugees, IDPs and Host communities in Response to the Syrian and Iraqi Crises” is a regional action that seeks to strengthen the resilience of Syrian refugees, IDPs and host communities in response to the Syrian and Iraqi crises in five areas or modules (Specific Objectives, SO). Qudra is commissioned and financed by the EU Regional Madad Trust Fund and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
The Programme has a duration period from June 2016 – June 2019. It is implemented in Jordan, Lebanon, North Iraq (Kurdistan Region of Iraq), and Turkey by a group of European Member States Agencies, led by GIZ, the Spanish Organisation AECID, and Expertise France and Hungarian Interchurch Aid (HIA). It covers five specific objectives (SO); Education Infrastructure (SO1); Skills Development (SO2); Social Cohesion (SO3); Supporting Local Administration (SO4); Facilitating Dialogue and Dissemination (SO5). The specific objectives and implementing partners vary across the countries.
In Turkey, Expertise France implements part of the SO3 related to Social Cohesion. The Specific Objective is to foster social cohesion between Syrian refugees and their host communities. It will be achieved through assisting local structures in strengthening their outreach services and bringing Turkish communities and Syrian refugees closer together through a variety of joint activities. Building social cohesion between host and refugee communities comes at the very heart of the proposed action. To do so, activities revolve around 3 pillars : (i) community based activities, (ii) support local institutions, (iii) dissemination of the information. Expertise France work closely Ministry of National Education, civil society organisations and GIZ.
Expertise France is looking for a Monitoring and Reporting Officer to support the program implementation, based in EF Ankara Office, with occasional travel to the provinces where the activities will be implemented (Istanbul, Hatay, Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa).
Description of the Tasks
- Monitoring – Lead the design and implementation of a monitoring framework to track delivery against the program’s goals and objectives.
- Evaluation – Lead the analysis of data collected under the monitoring framework for assessment of progress and areas for improvement.
- Reporting – Regularly provide synthesized and updated reports on the status of project implementation.
- Coordination – Ensure regular coordination in line with the monitoring framework with the programme partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Technical assistance – Provide programme partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders with necessary technical assistance to improve performance.
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the expert will specifically:
- Generate monitoring workplan in collaboration with the implementing partners to support efficient and timely project implementation and to allow efficient follow-up of progress and tracking of indicators,
- Liaise with the NGO/Public Education Centre representatives in the field to create and facilitate the implementation of an effective monitoring plan,
- Be responsible for the coordination, planning and design of the monitoring process for projects in different regions of Turkey, covering projects focusing on education, social cohesion, skill development and protection.
- Support and guide the data/information collection process by the partner institutions to ensure that systematic flow of information to EF Ankara Office is ensured according to the guidelines and standards,
- Consolidation of field data to be submitted regularly to the regional program M&E level on a regular basis in accordance with the program level result frameworks and indicators, to ensure compliance with internal and donor requirements
- Producing high-quality information based on the identified program level result frameworks and indicators as well as data analysis
- Provide day-to-day support, coordination and mentoring to field-based data officers to facilitate the compilation, consolidation and submission of data
- Liaise with the EF Project Officers and Program Manager on a daily basis to consolidate the field level data to feed into the program level
- Coordinate with the project managers and the field teams to identify the capacity building needs for the local partners in terms of monitoring and data collection tools,
- Generate and introduce monitoring/data collection tools and templates as needed, for the partner institutions to facilitate efficient information flow for the program level,
- Design and implement training sessions for the partners as necessary, regarding data collection, monitoring and reporting,
- Actively participating in monitoring/information management working groups of UN, other relevant meetings and international forums as needed, sharing lessons learned and feeding lessons back in the program level,
- Conducting baseline surveys / performance surveys and/or needs assessments for the beneficiaries and/or activities, if/when needed.
- Sharing lessons learned from reporting regularly with the project managers, communicating recommendations to the project managers at the partner institutions and regularly following up the implementation of the recommendations.
- Contributing to the M&E / knowledge management / learning efforts at EF program level in general.
- University degree in Information Management, Development Programmes, International Project Management or any relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience in monitoring, information management, data collection and/or evaluation for international projects/donors/organisations, development projects, preferably in the humanitarian/social development/education or refugee assistance fields.
- Excellent understanding of result frameworks & indicators as well as international M&E standards and applications.
- Good knowledge and working experience of Turkish institutions and policies, especially of the Ministry of National Education, as well as the civil society organisations.
- Sound knowledge of the Turkish context and of the relationship between host and refugee communities.
- Good knowledge of international donors and organisations working in the migration/education/social cohesion fields in Turkey.
- Excellent writing, data collection/analysis and presentation skills.
- Professional working knowledge of English and Turkish is required.
- Excellent coordination and team work skills.
Location and Duration
Location: Turkey, Ankara
Starting date: June 2018
Period of implementation: 12 months
Deadline of submission: 2nd June 2018
Applications must be made in English. Please send your applications to the following email addresses:
With the reference to “EF Monitoring Officer”
– A CV, including references
– A Cover letter
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
- As a first step, a shortlist will be freely established by Expertise France.
- Selected candidates may then be invited for an interview.
Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Pozisyon İzleme ve Değerlendirme Uzmanı
- Eğitim Seviyesi Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 4-9
- Yabancı Dil İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)