The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
The M&E Assistant is responsible for conducting M&E activities as per work plan for all activities implemented in field base province.
The M&E Assistant reports to the Senior M&E Officer-West in Hatay and will be primarily responsible for the implementation of the field base level program monitoring and evaluation activities on a regular basis. S/he will be responsible for the collection of different data in relation to project activities implemented in field base.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Monitoring and evaluation responsibilities
- Reporting and information
To be successful in this role we expect you to have University degree/high school diploma or advanced training/courses in social sciences, political science, international affairs, emergency management, or other related fields. At least one year of relevant professional experience. Voluntary or professional humanitarian experience with a humanitarian aid organization
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Monitoring and evaluation responsibilities
- Carry out quantitative and qualitative data collection activities at field level through surveys, interviews or focus group discussions with beneficiaries, as defined in the weekly/monthly M&E work plan and directed by the Area Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and M&E Coordinator;
- Under the supervision of the Senior M&E Officer-West, liaise with DRC and/or IP program teams to ensure necessary data collected from scheduled activities, this includes regular visits to IP activity venues and following up with data to be asked like Pre&Post test score data from IP organizations under DRC Livelihood program;
- During monitoring and evaluation activities ensure beneficiaries are treated with respect, confidentiality and informed consent;
- Carry out data collection work and data entry work,
- Refer on potential vulnerable cases to Senior M&E Officer-West or sensitive issues that might be observed at field level;
- Keep supervisor informed of any safety incident that might take place;
- Solve problems and conflicts that might occur during monitoring and respond to minor complaints coming from beneficiaries.
Reporting and information (20%)
- Submit weekly and monthly reports to the Senior M&E Officer-West on achievements and challenges related to monitoring;
- Protection cases identified and referred in coordination with the base level protection team;
- When necessary, assist Senior M&E Officer-West in producing periodic monitoring reports to ensure programs have accurate and useful data to inform program development;
- Participate in the internal evaluation of the program;
- Any other duties as agreed with the Senior M&E Officer-West, M&E Coordinator and Area Manager
- Ensure that the activities are compliant with DRC accountability principles, including Common Humanitarian Standards (CHS) guidelines.
- Support the implementation of DRC’s complaints mechanism (Code of Conduct complaint mechanism as well as programmatic complaint mechanisms systems existing at base level).
- Support Accountability Officer that complaints received in field base through hotlines and complaints boxes are managed by relevant teams.
Any other duties as agreed with Area Manager.
- Experience working with M&E
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in Turkey and the region
- Experience working in the field (preferably experience from Southern Turkey)
- Understands rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women – experience working with Syrian refugees is an advantage;
- Level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required.
- Arabic essential (Turkish and English are an asset)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 7 months
Start date: 15th June 2018
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates/ Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered. This position is on Grade 3 and salary will be between $909 and $997 depending on previous experience in similar positions.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Closing date for applications: 30.05.2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Pozisyon İzleme Asistanı
- Eğitim Seviyesi Yüksek Lisans, Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 1-3
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced)