PURPOSE OF POSITION
World Vision seeks a full-time Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist (based in Gaziantep, Turkey, possibly Amman, Jordan) for the proposed USAID-funded two-year, multi-sector humanitarian programme in northern Syria. Through a consortium approach, the programme will provide gender-sensitive, coordinated assistance in order to limit the loss of life and mitigate human suffering in conflict-affected communities. To achieve this goal, this project will technically implement Health and Nutrition, WASH, Shelter, and Non-Food Item activities through both fixed and mobile locations, including the programme’s Rapid Response Mechanism.
The M&E Specialist will support a large WV-led humanitarian consortium. She/He has overall responsibility for providing coordination and leadership for monitoring and evaluation of the grant, including working with consortium partners’ M&E teams; consolidating data on baselines, third-partner monitoring report and evaluations; and standard reporting. The M&E Specialist principally will oversee ongoing data collection and summative research evaluation. M&E Specialist will also be responsible in assisting the MEAL Director with various cross-functional tasks which contribute to the grant’s accomplishments in accurate and objective way.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will also support the other 4 INGO consortium members and local partners in establishing their M&E and reporting systems and provide technical assistance to improve their understanding of project evaluation and a performance-based management approach. In addition, to monitoring and evaluation, the position will support reporting activities, including the training of staff, M&E system creation.
- Develop the overall framework for grant M&E in accordance to the design document, consortium partners M&E systems, and donor requirements
- Identify the core information needs of grant management, partners, and funding agencies; Participate in development of the annual work plan, submission timelines, and budget, ensuring alignment with technical strategy. Collaborate directly with the other 4 INGO consortium members and local partners on this.
- Foster participatory planning and monitoring by engaging primary stakeholder groups in the M&E of activities
- Keep abreast of developments in grant/programme changes and progress in order to, from an M&E perspective, advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase M&E programme performances and results.
- Identify and work with partners on the requirement for collecting baseline data, prepare terms-of-reference for and arrange the conduct of a baseline survey, as required by the MEAL Director
- Oversee and execute M&E activities with particular focus on results and impacts as well as in lesson learnt. Establish working relationships with various consortium M&E teams that are accountable and effective.
- Undertake regular visits to WV and partner offices to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed. Assist WV’s local M&E staff teams.
- Clarify and/or facilitate process for monitoring and evaluations of sub-grantees
- Identify the need and draw up the ToRs for specific studies; Recruit, guide and supervise consultants or organisations that are contracted to implement special surveys and studies required for evaluating grant effects and impacts
- Perform regular visits to partner offices to ensure the quality of data collected by Programmes and to verify the accuracy of reported data
- Coordinate across consortium’s M&E teams to standardize, refine, and consolidate their progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission. This includes monthly/quarterly progress reports, annual project reports, inception reports, and ad-hoc operational or technical reports.
- Prepare consolidation progress reports for grant management including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in the project implementation, and providing specific recommendations.
- With MEAL Director, identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions to improve knowledge management activities. To this regard, work closely with Information Management and the IM System Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, M&E manuals)
Capacity Building/ Continuous Learning
- Design and implement a system to identify, analyze, document and disseminate lessons learned across the consortium M&E teams.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in the appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications of future action. If necessary create such discussion forums to fill any gaps.
- Monitor the follow up on evaluation recommendations
- Support programme staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture programme progress
- Facilitate, act as resource person, and join, if required any external supervision and evaluation missions
- Organize (and provide) refresher training in M&E for grants staff, implementing partners, local organisations and primary stakeholders with view of strengthening local M&E capacity
- Network with external, consortium and WV internal partners to promote learning and achieve M&E excellence
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Bachelor in social sciences or relevant field
- Turkish nationals will be considered for this role.
- Report writing, research, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Familiarity with and a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local organisations and building local capacities for self-management
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to productively, effectively work across organizations, locations, and cultures.
- English language skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Minimum of 1-3 years working in M&E in a dynamic humanitarian context
- English (fluent written and verbal abilities),
- Turkish (fluent written and verbal abilities)
- Arabic (fluent written and verbal abilities)
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- University degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, project management, social science, or relevant field
- Facilitation skills
- Good communication, team-building skills
- 2-3 year experience in monitoring grants
- Three years of field-based M&E experience
- Estimated 25% travel to the various regional offices
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 30 September 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For applying, please click on this link: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/turkey/programme-effectiveness/mande-specialist/10947
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Yönetici
- Eğitim Seviyesi Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 4-9
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arapça (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate)