Under the overall guidance of Senior Operation Officer/ Head of Sub-office and the direct supervision of the Operations Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for implementing the activities of the operational projects. In particular he/she will:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, check and confirm transit assistance requests and travel documents from the respective resettlement countries agencies.
- Timely inform transit assistance service provider on all new transits, changes and cancellations of IOM movements.
- Daily liaise with transit assistance service provider on all transit related issues.
- Perform refugee or migrant data entry activities as required by specific program in MiMOSA as necessary.
- Perform continuous follow up for any changes in Pro-flight or individual status / transit details and make respective changes and relay respective information and data to TA service provider.
- Establish and implement internal controls, in particular handling, security, confidentiality of all originals of travel documents in process. Perform quality control checks for completeness, accuracy, timeliness and conformance with established standards before distribution to users. Maintain record of transit movements.
- Prepare weekly and monthly statistical and finance reports on transit. Monthly reconcile with sending missions on transit assistance provided and submit documents to finance for charges and payments to service provider.
- Prepare, print and photocopy documents as required by movement procedures.
- Prepare travel bags for the migrants, perform Quality Check and hand over to airport operations staff, when travel bags need to be handed to refugees in transit.
- Communicate with the airlines on transit related issues, name lists, booking details, domestic bookings, additions, deletions, ticket refunds, etc.
- Liaise with Sending and Receiving Missions, Ports of Entry and receiving entities on transit related issues.
- Keep updated files, ensuring that all necessary documents are included in the file. Ensure timely closure of files, preparation and distribution of all respective departure reports.
- Immediately report all transit related issues to supervisor and liaise with service providers to obtain incident reports and other related information.
- Perform such other related duties as maybe assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Having high school diploma,
- Minimum four years of experience in relevant field (Airlines or Travel Agency),
- Being able to travel,
- Good familiarity with diplomatic environment,
- Proven analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills,
- Good level of computer literacy, ability to work with data bases and online applications,
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national / international institutions,
- Experience working in the region is an advantage,
- Knowledge of AMADEUS computer reservation system is a distinct advantage,
- Turkish-fluent /written and spoken
- English-fluent /written and spoken
- Working knowledge of Arabic or Farsi is an advantage
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
- Effectively coordinates actions with partners
- Works effectively with local authorities, and beneficiaries
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 30 July 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)