General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation is an international emergency and development NGO dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest and most vulnerable. GOAL was established in 1977 and is currently operational in 13 countries world-wide.
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Based in Gazi-Antep, Turkey the Partners Finance Officer (PFO) will support GOAL’s partners in their financial management assessing and financial reports monitoring. Furthermore, the PFO will be help in financial development plans conducting and monitoring. On the other hand, the PFO will be responsible for GOAL Gazi-Antep office finance operations.
DUTIES AND OBJECTIVES
Partner Finance Monitoring and Reporting
• Conduct partner finance monitoring during project implementation, in line with recommended processes per GOAL partnership manual.
• Work with partners and AFC-Partnerships to ensure partner financial reports, and financial documentation are received in line with contractual deadlines.
• Check partner expenditure reports and produce financial reports checklists.
• Organize monthly BvA (Budget vs. Actual) meetings between GOAL and Partners’ stakeholders.
Partners Financial Assessments and Capacity Building
• Under AFC-partnerships supervision, conduct financial assessment visits to new potential partners / re-assess current partners.
• Help in delivering and monitoring finance related capacity building identified in partner organisational capacity assessments.
Partners Finance Paperwork
• Prepare and follow-up partners payments.
• Ensure the proper and complete filing of partners financial and other related documentation.
Bank & Cash Operations:
For GOAL Gazi-Antep office operations:
• Maintain all the bank and cashbooks and do their reconciliations on a timely basis;
• Oversee petty cash maintenance and bank register maintenance, ensuring all expenses are reasonable and appropriately authorised and recorded;
• Reconcile floats and ensuring they are cleared on a regular basis;
• Maintain excel cash books and bank books, ensuring all movements are recorded and coded to appropriate donors and projects;
• Ensure all purchases have been made following GOAL purchasing procedures and have all relevant supporting documentation attached to payment requisition;
• Review & reconcile physical cash to the cash tracking sheet daily, and to the cash book weekly.
• Monitoring cash balances and send monthly cash flow requests to country office.
• Prepare and record all payments from the local bank accounts
Documentation & Compliance monitoring
For GOAL Gazi-Antep office transactions:
• Ensure maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded.
• Ensure proper filing of monthly vouchers.
• Review all documents submitted for payment to ensure proper procedures have been followed
Partner & GOAL Audits
• Liaise as needed with partners for donor audits.
• Work with partners and AFC Partnership to close issues relating to GOAL partner audits and donor audits, providing capacity building and support if required.
• Support in preparation of documentation to facilitate donor, internal and external audits
• Support in finance facilitation for any internal / external audits
• Provide support and cover as required for other finance staff.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager or the Country Director.
• This position will require frequent travel to other GOAL offices in Turkey.
• Finance/Accounting qualification with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
• Good written and spoken English & Turkish Language skills, with good communication and training skills, knowledge of Arabic would be desirable
• Experience working in a busy, changing environment
• Experience with management of Partner grants desired
• Experience working in projects funded by institutional donors such as ECHO, BPRM..
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
• Previous experience in budget planning, monitoring and reporting
• Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, knowledge of accounting software is desired.
• Good team player, professional manner, with the ability to manage and work with staff at all levels in GOAL and with partners.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply now button.
Applications close 19 August 2018.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum