The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along with the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
The Logistics and procurement coordinators main responsibility is to support procurement and other logistics functions (fleet management, warehouse management, etc) as per DRC/donor regulations and procedures. The Logistics and procurement coordinator supervises logistics staff in Hatay, and supports Head of Support Service in providing logistics personnel based in DRC’s sub-offices, including partner logs staff technical support & guidance. Where necessary, the Logistics and procurement coordinator may be asked to cover for the Head of Support Service during the latter’s absences from his/her post. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Procurement Fleet Management
- Fleet Management
- Warehouse Management
- Capacity building
To be successful in this role we expect you to have relevant university degree, 7+ years as at a senior level in logistics and procurement management, experience with other NGOs at a senior level in logistics / procurement, hardworking and experienced manager, patient and able to train, mentor staff when needed, able to pitch in and help at any level when needed, friendly and open and able to fit into a hardworking team, excellent communication skills in English and Turkish, Arabic is an advantage.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Procurement Fleet Management
- Ensure that all procurement requests are processed in accordance with DRC and donor procedures and good practice.
- Ensure procurement tasks are completed in a timely manner to the highest quality (while applying value for money principle).
- Support the Head of department in developing weekly/monthly procurement plans, with an input of program staff, to ensure necessary supplies/equipment available for the running of DRC operations.
- Support logistics assistants in single bid procurement process for supplies, services and works as needed.
- Carry out procurements of higher values in the RFQ and ITB thresholds for supplies, services, and works.
- Prepare invitation for bidders (ITB) and attend procurement meetings. Take part in the full process of making ITB’s according to DRC guidelines with associated documentation requirements.
- Prepare Framework Agreements and Service Contracts, and submit for review to the Head of department.
- Ensure all contracts placed with suppliers are correct as per DRC procedures.
- Ensure all procurement files are complete, correct and have the relevant signatures before they are submitted to the finance department for payment.
- Assess and anticipate procurement needs for DRC operations.
- Provide guidance to Logistics Assistants on procurement procedures, including support to logistics personnel in DRC sub-offices and partner staff, as required
- Support the Head of department in monitoring partner compliance with DRC procedures.
- Maintain accurate logistics documentation (both soft and hard copy) in accordance with DRC/donor guidelines and ready for audit (in coordination with finance), and to assess and report to management any needs for derogations.Fleet Management
- Provide guidance to the Logistics Assistants on fleet management issues
- Monitor that clear schedules are developed and regularly updated for the DRC drivers in the Hatay office.
- Monitor the vehicle list and other fleet management documentation are kept updated at all times.
- Monitor drivers are following DRC/donor procedures regarding vehicle use and maintenance.
- Arrange or provide training to drivers as needed.
- Support Logistics Assistants in the supervision of drivers.
- Coordinate with other departments on new vehicle needs for projects & hire of new drivers.
- Be the focal point for DRC in managing the relationship with vehicle rental companies.Warehouse Management
- Ensure DRC standard warehouse management procedures
- Provide guidance to the management of, or manage, the DRC warehouses in Urfa, where applicable.
- Manage warehouse staffing as needed.Capacity building
- Support capacity building of DRC staff and partners on key logistics functions, with guidance from the Head of department.Other responsibilities
- Monitor that DRC inventory lists are regularly updated and DRC assets are physically and accurately labeled.
- Organize and oversee sudden & ad hoc logistics operations as, and when, the situation arises.
- Monitor that all logistical needs of Hatay offices and guesthouses are covered, and when needed, provide support for DRC facilities in other locations.
- Participate in an overall development of the operation.
- Support Head of department in the review and revision of DRC’s forms and templates on a continuous basis.
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by the Head of department or Country Director.
- Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 9 months
Start date: 15.04.2018
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates/ Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 30.03.2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Üst Düzey Yönetici, Yönetici
- Pozisyon Lojistik Müdürü
- Eğitim Seviyesi Doktora, Yüksek Lisans, Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 10-24
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced)