ACTED Turkey is recruiting a Programme Officer in Turkey to work remotely with team leaders and enumerators working in Northern Syria.
Under the direct supervision and reporting to the ACTED Senior Program Officer in Turkey, the Program Officer’s duties will include, among others:
- Management of the team leaders:
- Management and supervision of the team leaders on their daily tasks of data collection, data management, data process, etc.
- Supervision of the team leaders that work directly with enumerators in Syria.
- Development and coordination of the ACTED Key Informant (KI) network in Syria.
- Training of team leader and enumerators on assessment methodologies, and data collection tools.
- Follow-up on administrative and technical issues pertaining to the team leaders and enumerators.
- Provide timely updates to the Senior Program Officer focal point of any changes, challenges, and difficulties related the assessments
- In close cooperation with the ACTED focal point, manage and supervise Program Officers and enumerators’ work plans.
- Assessment Coordination:
- Manage the Program Officers and team leaders during primary data collection and field assessments.
- Ensure timely circulation of assessment materials amonth the Program Officers and team leaders.
- Act as a focal point for data collection questions from Program Officers and team leaders.
- Ensure timely, steady, and quality primary data collection for assessments.
- Ensure the reliability and triangulation of the primary data collection with primary and secondary data.
- Ensure the timely delivery of information from the Program Officers and team leaders.
- Lead and manage Program Officers and team leaders, including information management, assessment technical support, and logistical support during assessments.
- Organize and lead trainings for enumerators in assessment methodology, as well as in other assessment and data collection initiatives ACTED may be involved.
For regional projects, this will include liaison with the regional teams in Jordan, Lebanon, and Iraq.
- Data Management, Data Analysis, Report Writing:
- Provide regular thematic updates on the humanitarian situation in Syria.
- Promote the development assessment products.
- Monitor and analyze local, regional, and international information networks, including social media.
- Lead on primary data management and cleaning.
- Manage and support team leaders and enumerators on primary and secondary data analysis and report review.
- Contribute to assessment methodologies and tools development, as well as assessments.
- Provision of regular updates on data collection processes, and reporting.
- Human Resources and Finance:
- Support the Senior Program Officer in dealing with payment procedures
- Support the Senior Program Officer in dealing with contractual procedures
- Support the Senior Program Officer in providing timely and accurate contractual and financial information related to the team leaders and the enumerators
- Support in hiring processes of new team leaders and enumerators under the supervision of the Senior Program Officer
- Qualified candidates must have Minimum of 2 years of working experience with other NGOs, UN agencies or private sector companies at similar position
- IT knowledge is a must (ideally intermediary Excel skills and knowledge of online sharing platforms such as KOBO)
- Perfect command of English language (Writing, Reading, and speaking) is a must
- Perfect command of Arabic language (Writing, Reading, and speaking) is a must
- Ability to create networks and build relationships among different actors
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Ideally, experience with remote management and training.
- Legally able to live and work in Turkey.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Eğitim Seviyesi Yüksek Lisans, Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 1-3, 4-9
- Yabancı Dil İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced)