Support to Life (STL) is an independent humanitarian agency working in the field of disaster risk reduction, disaster preparedness, and emergency response in Turkey and the surrounding region. With an emphasis on community participation, STL works at a grassroots level to build local capacity, mitigate the risks and impact of disasters, and support those in need in meeting their basic needs and rights.
In line with its mandate STL currently has the following main activities:
- Refugee Support: The goal of STL’s work in the area of refugee support is to help Syrian refugees in the region who are either unable or unwilling to settle in refugee camps meet their basic needs and rights. STL is providing direct support through psychosocial services in its Community Centres, and enables access to services with its Case Management teams.
- Child Protection: STL has been working with at-risk children, sensitizing farmers and raising awareness among the public in an effort to contribute to eliminating child labour in Turkey, especially in the context of seasonal migratory agricultural work. As the inflow of Syrian refugees aggravated child labour in Turkey and child work became a prevalent negative coping strategy, STL extended its child protection activities to include refugee families.
- Emergency Response: In disaster situations, STL provides relief aid to disaster-struck communities through in-kind and cash-based support for food and non-food items, winterisation aid, as well as improving the conditions of shelter and addressing water, sanitation and hygiene needs.
- Strengthening Civil Society and Networking: STL brings together key civil society actors with the aim of creating the local capacity needed for effective disaster management in Turkey. In order to create positive change, STL publishes and disseminates reports, engages in capacity building activities through trainings, working group meetings and exposure visits. STL also pursues active coordination and advocacy campaigns with government and civil society actors.
Hayata Destek is looking for Programme Development and Quality (PDQ) Coordinator to work in İstanbul.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Leading the development of program strategies for areas/sectors that are in line with STL’s 5-year strategy plan
- Guiding each Sector Manager to develop their own sector strategies
- Setting programmatic standards for STL project work
- Guiding team members in developing program-specific guidelines, SOPs and tools
- Coordinating and facilitating the standardization of all programmatic practices throughout STL field teams
- Ensuring the quality of technical knowledge developed within the PDQ team
- Setting CHS as a reference for accountable and quality humanitarian work as implemented by STL field teams
- Ensuring that cross-cutting issues of gender equity, child protection and community participation are integrated in all STL projects
- Ensuring technical know-how is transferred to field teams for quality assessment of needs
- Ensuring that the project design process is an inclusive one between PDQ and Operations
- Ensuring solid project proposals including logframe, work plan and budget
- Supervising the Sector Managers to ensure that they are closely following the technical quality of project work and providing the needed support to Project Managers at the field level
- Supervising the MEAL Manager to ensure that sound MEAL plans and tools are in place for all projects
- Supervising the Capacity Manager to ensure capacity building needs are well identified, budgeted and implemented
- Ensuring that programmatic quality is assessed and lessons learnt are integrated into new projects
- Participating in or delegating participation in coordination/cluster meetings and networking events as appropriate
- Masters degree from a relevant field (PhD is an asset)
- Minimum five years’ experience in a technical managerial position
- Solid knowledge and experience in project cycle management
- Knowledge of donors and experience of developing proposals
- Ability to analyze data, develop alternatives, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politicized and multi-cultural settings with a wide variety of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and representation skills
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner, and to use innovative forms of communication
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically
STL is an equal opportunities employer. STL is committed to provide and maintain a comprehensive child protection perspective in all its operational and administrative processes.
“Under the Security of Personel Information Law that is published on The Official Gazette of Republic of Turkey on 07.04.2016, no 29677; By applying for this advertisement, you agree that your resume and any personal information in it may be shared with Hayata Destek Derneği”
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Yönetici
- Pozisyon Proje Koordinatörü
- Eğitim Seviyesi Yüksek Lisans, Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 4-9, 10-24
- Yabancı Dil İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)