Recruitment for “Programme Officer” with strong focus on research
Reseach Worldwide İstanbul
Program: Human Rights Capacity Development Program in Turkey
Position: “Program Officer” with strong focus on research
Company: Research Worldwide Istanbul
Location: İstanbul, TURKEY
Application Period: 20 April – 11 May 2018
Research Worldwide Istanbul carries out work to contribute to more human rights responsive academic and public sector institutions in Turkey. It promotes human rights research and education at higher education institutions in Turkey and directly engages with international organisations, government institutions, local authorities, universities, NGOs, and the business sector to advance the practical application of human rights.
Research Worldwide Istanbul, based in Kadıköy, Istanbul is seeking candidates for a position as Programme Officer with strong focus on research, to work with support to human rights research and education as well as the promotion of a rights-based institutional culture in Turkey. The work mainly concerns provision of services to support the implementation of the cooperation programme supported by the Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (RWI), financially supported by Swedish Development Cooperation (Sida).
The Research Programme Officer’s primary responsibilities are to ensure that the human right research, education and academic networking work of Research Worldwide Istanbul are planned, developed, implemented and followed up, to achieve expected results enhancing the impact and quality of the programmes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain existing networks through regular contact with academic partners, national and international academic institutions, international organizations, etc.
- Develop domestic and international academic networks within the targeted areas of the work program
- Bring together human rights researchers from across disciplines, to facilitate the exchange of ideas and collaboration, and to promote research, education and discussion in human rights or adjacent fields
- Provide academic support to strengthen knowledge, expertise and methodologies in relation to the ongoing Turkey work program.
- Regularly assess and monitor programme developments and results in relation to program goals
- Stay informed of relevant academic developments in the fields of human rights education and research in general but with a specific focus on Turkey
- Carry out analytical work to assess new programme opportunities within the mandate and priorities of Research Worldwide Istanbul
- Develop proposals for new program areas and activities
- Other relevant duties as needed for the position
- Have a PhD degree with at least three years of documented postdoctoral academic education and research experience
- Solid knowledge of research methodologies
- Fluency in English and Turkish with excellent writing skills in both languages
- Proven skills to work in teams
- Researchers from different disciplines, among others, law, social and human sciences, health sciences, environment, economics, and ICT are encouraged to apply.
- Having research experience with renowned universities and research institutions
- Experience with EU research projects
- Familiarity with international human rights law, theory and practice
- Knowledge of gender mainstreaming
- Knowledge of result-based strategic planning and management
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks within given timeframes
! Please note that this position requires regular travel both in Turkey and abroad !
The position is, subject to funding, full-time and temporary from 1st of June, 2018 until 31 December 2018, with possibility of extension. The salary for this position will be on a scale of 100,000 to 110,000 TL net per year, plus benefit of private health insurance.
To apply for the position, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter by e-mail to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 11 May 2018, by 17.00.
For further information regarding the position, please contact email@example.com
- Sektör Sivil Toplum