We are looking for a highly qualified Project Assistant for our program Livelihood (Market Mapping and Analysis Unit) in Antakya- Hatay, Turkey.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
About the job
DRC’s livelihoods programming aims to build the capacities and assets of vulnerable Syrian and host community individuals to enhance their social and economic self-reliance. Programme activities include; counselling, provision of transferrable skills, vocational skills training, job referrals and/or provision of home-based small business grants.
The Project Assistant is a member of the Market Mapping and Analysis Unit (MMAU) which supports livelihood interventions through the collection, analysis and provision of updated technical inputs about market opportunities and dynamics. The position requires day to day support to the MMAU activities as detailed below.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Assistant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the MMAU members to coordinate the day to day management of activities including timely implementation as per donors and country rules and regulations.
- Prepare and disseminate accurate and reliable reports in close coordination with the other MMAU members as well as with the local implementing partners, service providers, and private sector’s actors (etc.).
- As required, work together with the administrative and finance team.
Networking and external relations and knowledge management
- In close coordination with the Market Mapping and Analysis Officers, support maintaining an up-to-date mapping and analysis of sectors’ value chains including main private and public players.
- Collecting information with DRC staff and local partners.
- Analyzing and developing: donor reports / internal communication tools (such as short lessons learned reports) etc.
- Sharing relevant data and information for proposal development.
- Given that the implementation is in the different ‘areas’ and ‘bases’, the project assistant should play a key role in ensuring efficient management of data, harmonization and sharing.
MMAU activities Implementation and Planning functions
- Support the coordination of the MMAU’s activities implementation as per the work plan and ensure that execution is consistent with objectives/outcomes.
- Prepare inputs and regular updates of work plans, action plans, calendar of events etc.
- Participate in field visit as requested.
- Participate in internal evaluation of the MMAU’s activities.
- Collect up-to-date information about Buy4Impact and StepUp outcomes and regularly share with the MMAU’s members.
- Lead the preparation of MMAU meetings/visits/events and contribute to all aspects of development of progress reports and other documentation as required.
- Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration, economics, data management, and/or other relevant fields.
- Experience administration, data management, reporting.
- High-level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Above average computer literacy
- Experience with the Private sector
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in Turkey and the region
- At least 1 years of relevant professional experience with a humanitarian aid organization is preferred
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong communications skills
- Capacity to work independently
- Ability to engage with a wide range of actors operating in different sectors and environments
- Ability to create linkages between different departments including between programmes and support functions
- Capacity to create linkages and positive exchanges between different geographic areas
- Strong initiative and self-motivation, with a commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn from others
- Ability to quickly develop good insight and understanding of the conflict, the human rights situation and the political environment
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skill, with proven ability to create and utilize qualitative and quantitative analyses in organizational planning;
- Strong report writing skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational, and prioritization skills;
- Ability to live and work closely with a diverse team of individuals in a highly intense and fluid work and security environment;
- Capacity to spark innovative approaches to programming and to inspire groups to collaborate closely to implement high-quality programs;
- Ability to navigate complex situations with diplomacy;
- Ability to manage ambiguity, frustration and stress in self and others;
- Confident and decisive leadership;
- Desire and ability to learn and grow, both personally and professionally;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members;
- Demonstrated experience and ability to professionally and appropriately represent the organization and negotiate and defend DRC’s interests with a diverse range of government officials, local organizations and other groups.
- Fluency English and Turkish is essential, fluency in Arabic is an asset.
- Strong reporting/communication skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Strong understanding of market research, business administration, and marketing strategy and plan
- Strong collaboration with DRC Livelihood Officers, Assistants and trainers/facilitators in all field locations
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 1-year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 08.01.2018 and be willing and able to work in Antakya-Hatay.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 05.12.2017. The interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks after the application close date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to HR Team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Sektör Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Pozisyon Proje Asistanı
- Eğitim Seviyesi Yüksek Lisans, Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 1-3
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced)