Position – Project Case Management Assistant
|Position: Project Case Management Assistant||Status: Salaried|
|Starting date:February 2018||Ending date: June 2018 (possible extension)|
|Country: Turkey||Base: Istanbul|
- Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is an impartial, independent and international humanitarian organisation based in Turkey and governed by the Turkish Law, facilitating access to health care to populations affected by armed conflicts, internal violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty or exclusion.
It seeks to stimulate and enlist voluntary commitment from medical and health care providers, and those with expertise in other fields, in order to provide competent support required for the achievement of its project activities; whilst at the same time encouraging close relationships with the population in its care.
Since the beginning of the Syrian and Iraqi crises, a massive influx of external population movements have taken place through the Turkish border into inside Turkey. This situation has caused the local public health system to be under strain; resulting in a large number of refugees and migrants facing limited access to healthcare services in Turkey.
In this context, Dünya Doktorları Derneği’s intervention aims at assisting the local public health system in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul provinces.
- Job Brief
We are looking for an organised, efficient, and communicative Case Management Assistant to coordinate between our organisation and another entities. In this role, s/he shall act as the intermediary between our organisation and the other entities to streamline operations, resolve issues, improve communication, and generally to ensure that the relationship is as beneficial as possible.
- Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Istanbul, Project Case Management Assistant is under the line management of the MHPSS Officer.
- Essential Duties
- Conduct mapping of service providers and establish referral mechanisms with external aid actors
- Liaise with various service providers and aid actors in the operational area
- Conduct outreach activities and community based intervention modalities
- Monitor, review and follow up individual cases
- Draft and submit weekly and monthly progress reports
- Analysis, Detection and Reduction of Risk Factors
- Develop and Perform Preventive Measures
Conduct mapping of service providers and establish referral mechanisms with external aid actors
- Engage with the member in a variety of settings to establish an effective, professional relationship
- Gather information to identify and manage barriers to achievement of care plan goals
Liaise with various service providers and aid actors in the operational area
- Collaborate with members of an inter-disciplinary team to meet the needs of the individual and the population
- In each interaction, the employee will aspire to help the member to feel informed, empowered, and supported by DDD
Conduct outreach activities and community based intervention modalities
- Properly assess, refer and accompany beneficiaries in need of health/mental health support/treatment to specialized services
- Engage the member, collect relevant health and psychosocial information to assist in completion of the assessment, considering the cultural and linguistic needs of each member
- Educate the member and other stakeholders about treatment options, community resources, etc.
- Regular travel to conduct member visits, provider visits and community based visits as needed to ensure effective administration of the program.
Monitor, review and follow up individual cases
- Participate in the identification and prioritization of the individual’s care management needs and goals in collaboration with the member and caregivers;
- Participate in the development and implementation of individual care plans;
- Maximize the client’s health, wellness, safety, adaptation, and self-care through effective care coordination and case management;
- Document care coordination activities and member response in a timely manner according to standards of practice and DDD policies regarding professional documentation;
- Evaluate client satisfaction through open communication and monitoring of concerns or issues;
Draft and submit weekly and monthly progress reports
- She/he will write monthly reports on all the activities implemented as requested by the Facility Manager according to the project and management indicators.
- She/he will assist the Facility Manager in providing sufficient and detailed information for program reporting and evaluation.
- Based on the on-going monitoring of the activities, she/he will ensure lessons learnt and success stories from the project are documented and reported to her/his manager.
- She/he will ensure that each of her/his sessions is documented in order to comply with donor audit requirements
Analysis, Detection and Reduction of Risk Factors
- In collaboration with the mental health team, explore and detect potential risk factors influencing mental health status of the target population;
- When required, coordinate with other stakeholders to reduce and/or eliminate potential risk factors.
Develop and Perform Preventive Measures
- In collaboration with the mental health team, develop and implement innovative preventive mental health interventions and activities to be undertaken within the community.
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organization of field trips and DDD programs;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Expected profile
- Degree in psychology or relevant field,
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in the humanitarian sector;
- Fluent in Arabic and Turkish, oral and written;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in Case Management,
- Good command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel Outlook),
- Flexibility to work in fast-paced and multi-cultural work environment;
Skills and qualities required
- Personal qualities as diplomacy, patient confidentiality, multi-cultural flexibility, stress management and a strong sense of integrity,
- To be receptive, sensitive and an excellent listener,
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate an idea clearly and concisely in public, with good understanding of at stakes,
- Strong planning and organizational skills and good ability to make proactive suggestions,
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision,
- Ability to establish strong connections with other stakeholders,
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situation.
- How to apply:
Ø Send your application file (CV and motivation letter in one file) to the recruitment email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ø Please include “Project Case Management Assistant (İstanbul) and your full name” in the subject line of the email. Email applications without this subject will not be considered.
Ø The deadline for submitting the applications is 28th January 2018.
Ø Please note that due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and recruit before the deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum