Position: Project Coordinator, Livelihoods Innovation through Food Entrepreneurship (LIFE), Turkey
Reports to: Project Director, Turkey
Scope: Implemented by a Consortium of international partners, the LIFE project seeks to support the development of mutually beneficial and sustainable livelihood solutions for Syrian refugees and their host communities in the food sector in Gaziantep and Istanbul, Turkey. The Center for International Private Enterprise is leading this Consortium, and has contracted local staff to provide on the ground support. The Project Coordinator will work in close coordination with the Project Director in Turkey and the CIPE team in Washington, DC to support the operations, planning, design, and implementation of the LIFE (Livelihoods Innovation through Food Entrepreneurship).
This position is based in Istanbul, Turkey. The position will entail frequent domestic travel.
• Assist in the coordination of the local implementation of LIFE project in Turkey.
• Support the Project Director with administrative and office management tasks including – but not limited to- recording minutes at meetings, keeping up with action items, following up with partners regarding action items, keeping detailed project notes and records, creating project schedules, monitoring project progress etc.
• Serve as a CIPE Representative in partner meetings and international or domestic meetings that pertain to CIPE’s mission in coordination with the Project Director, Program Officer, and Program Team Members.
• Uphold CIPE standards of integrity and comply with CIPE and donor policies and procedures in grant management.
• Ensure timely and accurate coordination and flow of information between LIFE consortium partners.
• Organize main systems and processes for the CIPE office, including electronic and hard-copy filing systems. Ensure quality and efficiency of office procedures and outputs.
• Financial monitoring of program funds, conduct project evaluation activities and provide input on weekly updates and quarterly and other reports.
• Participate in all aspects of administrative coordination between Washington and Turkey based CIPE operations.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Director
• Bachelor’s degree in Economic Development, Business, or related field.
• 1-2 years of administrative office experience.
• Computer knowledge, Google office applications (Drive, Sheets, Docs etc.), Microsoft Office, and web based productivity tools (Skype, Dropbox, WhatsApp etc.) required
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; team orientation.
• Ability to handle multiple, detail oriented tasks with limited supervision.
• Excellent writing, reporting, and presentation skills.
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written Turkish and English required.
• Must have legal work permit to work in Turkey
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Good financial acumen and ability to assist with project budgets
• Experience in business, trade, or humanitarian NGOs.
• Experience in using project management software and tools.
• Familiarity with business establishment, taxation, and human resources regulations.
• Knowledge of spoken and written Arabic.
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV, cover letter, writing sample in English (and Arabic, if applicable) and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: “MENAPC-[Your Last Name]”. Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls.
- Sektör AB Uzmanları / Proje Ekibi, Sivil Toplum
- Pozisyon Seviyesi Personel
- Pozisyon Proje Koordinatörü
- Eğitim Seviyesi Üniversite
- İş Tecrübesi (Yıl) 1-3
- Yabancı Dil Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced), İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced), Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced)