|Position: Project Field Manager||Status: Fixed-term|
|Starting date: 01.04.18||Ending date: 31.10.18 (possible extension)|
|Country: Turkey||Base: Istanbul|
- Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a humanitarian, impartial and independent non-governmental organisation based in Turkey, facilitating access to health care to populations affected by armed conflicts, internal violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty or exclusion. It seeks to stimulate and enlist voluntary commitment from medical and health care providers, and those with expertise in other fields.
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running projects aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Mental Health & Psychosocial Support and Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation services to the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since the beginning of the Syrian and Iraqi crises, a massive influx of external population movements have taken place through the Turkish border into inside Turkey. Over 3 million refugees, migrants & asylum seekers are currently hosted in Turkey which led to an increasing demand for health services and put a serious burden on the system. A need arose for permanent health facilities to provide services; and hence improve access to the services to a large number of refugees and migrants.
In this context, Dünya Doktorları Derneği’s intervention aims at assisting the local public health system in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul provinces.
- Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Istanbul, the Project Field Manager will work under the responsibility of the Project Field Coordinator.
- Essential Duties
- Context Follow-up
- Representation / Coordination with Field Actors
- Follow-up of Program
- Other Duties
5.1 Context Follow-up
- Follow contextual development in Istanbul area (and more specifically Sultangazi, Bağcilar and Yenikapı/Kumkapı) and prepare a monthly update for the monthly reporting;
- Assess continuously the humanitarian situation in the field, participate to the development of assessment plans and templates and ensure that findings are documented in relevant reports;
- Inform Project Field Coordinator immediately in case of any incident that may have an impact on the security of DDD team or partners, and propose adjustment to the security plans as needed;
- Update legal context and provide presentation and reports on a regular basis about changes;
- Organize weekly team meetings with facility managers and provide update on context in the weekly team meetings. Maintain agendas and minutes of the meetings and share them with coordination team and field team;
- Mapping of field actors in DDD activities area and updating the information. Prepare Map profiles of the services in Istanbul area and update it regularly;
- Propose new ideas and modalities to improve the project activities implementation considering contextual and legal developments.
5.2 Representation / Coordination with Field Actors
- Ensure regular meetings, visit and contact are happening with:
- field authorities’ actors in all relevant departments according to activities developed (Governorate, Municipalities, Health, Education, Family and social policy, Migration, Police), in close coordination with Project Field Coordinator;
- Other NGOs and agencies according to their size and activities (UN agencies/offices, Turkish red Crescent, local and international NGOs);
- Other proximity services, with the support of technical teams (hospitals, community centers, registration services, public facilities);
- Advocate for DDD program development according to beneficiaries needs, human rights and project and coordination priorities;
- Facilitate and relay demands from beneficiaries and local actors taking into account beneficiary needs, and propose program adjustment when necessary to take demands into account;
- Organize meetings with coordination team and field team to ensure activities are adapted to context and respect technical standards;
- In coordination with coordination office and Project Field Coordinator, facilitate and organize visits from national authorities and donors (schedule, preparation, reporting), and ensure recommendations are taken into account following theses visits.
- Follow-up of activities. Reporting any issues related to activities implementation (facility management, authorities support activities, mobile unit, patient’s services). Update follow-up tools regularly;
- Maintaining Partnership MoUs and updating the drafts for renewal based on understandings and developments of the projects;
- Conduct monitoring visits to monitor the implementation of the projects and assess evolution of migrant’s conditions;
- Contribute to proposal and project report writings;
- Maintaining the map of project activities and updating it accordingly;
- Participate to projects and strategy planning meetings and providing inputs;
- Represent Project Field Coordinator in meetings when requested;
- Communicate with Project Field Coordinator and coordination team for needs of support and training.
- Coordinating among program staff, log and finance teams to ensure adequate logistics arrangements for all the shipments and daily activities;
- Represent Project Field Coordinator with partners and following up on the procurement, finance, program and any other issue;
- Ensure all new team members are adequately briefed on arrival in the field, and carry out appraisals as per DDD standard requirements and procedures.
- Preparing monthly context report in coordination with Project Field Coordinator;
- Compiling monthly project activities report and submitting to Coordination Technical service and Project Field Coordinator;
- Collecting monthly data and submitting to Coordination Technical service and Project Field Coordinator;
- Contributing to donor reporting related to project activities;
- Any other report requested by Project Field Coordinator;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
5.6 Other Duties
- To perform any additional duties requested by the Project Field Coordinator.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Expected profile
- Master Degree in Psychology, Management, Administration or any related field.
- At least 4 years’ experience in similar position.
- Supply chain management, procurement, warehousing and stock control, and administration skills.
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with local authorities.
- Experience working with NGO is preferred.
Skills and qualities required
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing task.
- Ability to work with a team as well as to work independently.
- Ability to seek, collect, and critically analyses data and information needed to achieve the tasks.
- Clear commitment in the project thematic.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Very enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the program.
- Ability to travel and relocate if it is requested.
- Fluent English and Turkish are required, Arabic are an asset.
- How to apply:
- To apply for the job, please click here.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 25th March 2018.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
- Sektör Sivil Toplum